Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Tarmac Tyre Shredder
14,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello :D

Any of you guys or gals been to mexico,cancun to be exact,, to get hitched?

Loooking to go next year......moon palace hotel,cancun.

Went to cancun last year on hols,different hotel tho.Brilliant!

Anyone got hitched over there? any info on hotel,supposed to be :cool:

Any info welcome. :)

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Don't know anyone that has been to get married. But I know 3 couples that have been to that hotel and they all said it was excellent :)

Bex :angel:

·
Registered
254 Posts
I am going to the Moon Palace in 3 weeks so will let you know - provided you remind me!!

I understand there is quite a large sales pitch for timeshares going on but if you play the game you should be fine.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Swisdom said:
I am going to the Moon Palace in 3 weeks so will let you know - provided you remind me!!

I understand there is quite a large sales pitch for timeshares going on but if you play the game you should be fine.
We found it very nice from memory i think ther were 8 restruants which is good if your all inc. Got to admit im not a good golfer my handicap is the club but there is a real nice course my only regret is no giving that a go.

Enjoy your holiday

·
Registered
254 Posts
We are all inclusive and I think there are even more restaurants now.

I am not much of a golfer myself but I played on my honeymoon last year in Hawai'i and am hooked (GPS in the buggy telling me how far to the pin etc) so will manage to get my wife to caddy for at least one round but at $200 I don't think I will get away with more than that.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Swisdom said:
We are all inclusive and I think there are even more restaurants now.

I am not much of a golfer myself but I played on my honeymoon last year in Hawai'i and am hooked (GPS in the buggy telling me how far to the pin etc) so will manage to get my wife to caddy for at least one round but at $200 I don't think I will get away with more than that.
Or the golf carts to take you from the bar to your room. Hope you have a good time Swim up pool bars ect (plus must be the best place for origami with towels)

Nick

·
Tarmac Tyre Shredder
14,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers people :D
Swisdom,i will remind you.

Not a keen golfer myself but will give it a go.

Went to chichen itza (pyramid) chicken pizza or whatever it is called last time,swam with dolphins,scubbie dived,jet ski etc.

Gonna do it all again,but this time with in-laws :( :( :( :crackup:

When is america's spring break? (and dont all say spring! :D )what months?

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
I spent a couple of weeks at the Moon Palace in Feb this year and it was the absolute dogs boll*x!!!! I've been to loads of places but this was the best ever...met quite a few people who got married there and they had a superb service throughout.
You'll save yourself around $800 if you order your wedding package over the net as companies such as Thomson will really pull your pants down and charge you an enormous fee for doing very little!!!! Also try and book a different airline than "Brittania" (part of the Thomson group) as they are the crappiest company ever when it comes to service and in flight food & drink.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Was there over christmas... Didn't get married, but did propose to my other half!!!

Service is out of this world and the hotel is fantastic. Hot tub for two in every room. Couldn't have done more for us.

A word of advice up front.. There are two halves to the hotel, one side is called Sunrise, the other is called Nizuc. Make sure you get put in the Sunrise half of the complex as it's nicer and newer! You can use both halves of the complex wherever you stay.

Don't worry about the timeshare reps, when you get there, you'll be given a wristband, it identifies which part of the world you are from, and they don't bother us European's too much as they know the flight costs make a Mexican timeshare prohibitive. Having said that, we spoke to some American's that bought a timeshare while we were there and it was ridiculously cheap, especially considering the grade of hotel.

We travelled with Virgin, so the flight was very nice etc etc, however, you do have to stop in Miami International if you fly with them, but cheaper than Thomson's etc and the Virgin rep is based in the Sunrise side of the complex, so may make the difference?

There were 10 restaurants there. Ate in the Italian buffet most of the time...

Also, you'll find with the all inclusive drinks that it includes brands, like Jim Bean, Baileys etc, not just local shots.

Cant think of anything else, oh yes I can, if you travel with Virgin, you'll get two free excursions from the hotel, which will save you a few bob. Make sure you go swimming with the dolphins, and don't do it in Cancun town in the bloody swimming pool which is barely large enough for humans.... Best place we saw for dolphin swimming is on the Isle of Women (Isla Mahures). You can do it at Xcaret but it's not as nice.

Here's a small piccy of the entrance to the lobby, as you can tell, we were there for xmas!!! :D

Oh, someone I worked with went before me and said it was $hite. They didn't like it because it was too big and lots of people there. Just goes to show that it can' t be to everyone's taste...

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
I preffered the Nizuc part as it had less kids to be honest Barry but as you said they are both top notch!! I'd sit in my hot tub overlooking the Carribean ocean in the evening drinking real Bacardi out of my optics on the wall (all included) watching quality TV with my missus before we went out.
Get yourself down to Cancun town in the night and go to Coco Bongos club as it's a great night, pretty cheap at $40 each to get in with all inc drinks service. I had my pic taken with some Budweiser girls (mint!!) and my idiot missus then lost the camera....never forgiven her!!! :cry:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Fair enough mate. As you say they are both top notch.

Dont think I saw hardly any kids when I went, but it was at christmas, so maybe more people want to spend that at home with the kiddies???

Oh, and the optics on the walls in the room :D

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Going to peurto aventuras, Mexico on Monday staying in the riviera maya hotel.

Has any of you guys been to that area before? ;)

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Just got back from a week in Cancun this morning :cool: Spoke to some people who were staying at Moon Palace and they were loving it.

We just went "cheap" and stayed downtown but it was nice to be away from the hotel zone some nights and sample some of the local bars and restaurants - did get plastered in Coco Bongos one night though ;)

Spring break had just finished when we got there. It starts mid March and goes on for about 3 weeks. Most of the Americans I saw were older or family groups. Don't think I could have tolorated the Spring Breakers!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
ddavej said:
Also try and book a different airline than "Brittania" (part of the Thomson group) as they are the crappiest company ever when it comes to service and in flight food & drink.
Fully agree with this as the worst airline I have ever flown with :( As well as the crap service a special mention has to be made for the seats on their planes - the legroom comparable only to the back seats of a Fiat 126!! Not what you need on a 9 hour flight :mad:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Wasnt that hot at christmas, more like low 30's although when we went to ChiChenItza it was baking!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
phil lloyd said:
Silly question,but is it hot this time of year.

Im talking 35-40 degree hot.

i went in august last year and it was fooking hot,is it same all year round??
It was about 31 - 35 degrees last week :cool: A couple of days were quite cloudy which made it a bit more bearable :)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts