Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yet another happy customer of Marks.
Marks worked under incredible pressure from myself to install and setup both an AP 362mm kit and a set of Ohlins (as well as a few other bits and pieces) before he was allowed out of his garage today to go home.

Its a pleasure to have someone so dedicated to achieving perfection work on my car and I would recommend anyone needing work done give him a ring.

Marks garage is starting to look like the whose who of rapid UK cars what with the York cars Skyline and Rod's 202mph Sapphire Cossie outside.

The Ohlins have really transformed the cars handling from already awesome to the sublime. Im not sure it could get any better than this. The APs are also simply amazing, stopping from 30mph must be within 3foot and from 70 perhaps triple that. These 362mm discs and 6 pot calipers make a mockery out of the stopping distances on the back of the highway code :D Hopefully the judder monster has left my brake pedal for the rest of eternity now!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,300 Posts
Yip yip, I gotta go see the man myself next week for a few bits - Top bloke :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
606 Posts
Mark tuned my 3 door cosworth...very clever man and **** me he is a good driver, took me out when he mapped it :eek:

might have to take the evil 8 up there soon :D ...but have heard loads about a bloke called bob rawl in swindon????????????

Any one had dealings with this guy?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
797 Posts
mikey p said:
Mark tuned my 3 door cosworth...very clever man and **** me he is a good driver, took me out when he mapped it :eek:

might have to take the evil 8 up there soon :D ...but have heard loads about a bloke called bob rawl in swindon????????????

Any one had dealings with this guy?
Yes mate, Bob Rawle used to very well known in the Scooby tuning area. Very good by all accounts.

Daz
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
797 Posts
Not a clue mate, sorry I cant help anymore.

Good luck
Daz
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
498 Posts
vikingboy said:
The APs are also simply amazing, stopping from 30mph must be within 3foot and from 70 perhaps triple that. These 362mm discs and 6 pot calipers make a mockery out of the stopping distances on the back of the highway code :D Hopefully the judder monster has left my brake pedal for the rest of eternity now!
U can stop from 70 mph in 9 feet ?? Only way I know how to do that is to head on sumthin like a very big tree :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,887 Posts
DarrenC said:
Yes mate, Bob Rawle used to very well known in the Scooby tuning area. Very good by all accounts.

Daz
He made a complete hash of mapping my Evo 6.... then left me with a frankly crap car, and an lightened wallet.

I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
797 Posts
Ben_Scammell said:
He made a complete hash of mapping my Evo 6.... then left me with a frankly crap car, and an lightened wallet.

I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.
Ben,

Sorry to hear that mate. :(

You will note that I had no idea what he was like with Evo's, only that he was quite highly regarded with regards to tuning Scooby's, when I used to frequent a certain other forum ! (A past life, we shall say no more ;) )

Cheers
Daz
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,887 Posts
DarrenC said:
Ben,

Sorry to hear that mate. :(

You will note that I had no idea what he was like with Evo's, only that he was quite highly regarded with regards to tuning Scooby's, when I used to frequent a certain other forum ! (A past life, we shall say no more ;) )

Cheers
Daz
Indeed, I have heard good things about him and scoobs too....

I am sure he has improved with Evo's too.....it was 5 years ago he bodged my VI.

However, it was rather more his customer service (or lack thereof) that concerned me.

Ben
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,887 Posts
Ben_Scammell said:
He made a complete hash of mapping my Evo 6.... then left me with a frankly crap car, and an lightened wallet.

I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.
To be clear..... I am talking about Bob Rawle NOT Mark Shead!

Ben
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
797 Posts
GlobalGB said:
I'm getting confused here, isn't Mark from MA Developments AKA Mark Shead?
Global,

How did you manage to get that confused :crackup:

Have you been drinking :eek:

Daz.

P.S. It is alright Ben, I knew you were talking about BR :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,120 Posts
Ben_Scammell said:
To be clear..... I am talking about Bob Rawle NOT Mark Shead!

Ben
Oooooohh! Sorry my bad - was gonna say, I've heard nothing but excellent things about Mark Shead. The toppest of top men :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
606 Posts
I am just looking to get a bit more power from my 8 !!! does mark do ecu-tek ??

as i have been quoted £550 by a tuner near me PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING IN WESTON SUPER MARE NEAR BRISTOL ...NOT THE ONE IN THE MIDLANDS AREA.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top