Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey im still very new to modding/tuning so got a quick question.

With mapping do you need it done after every engine mod or just for major things???

Stu.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
depends on how involved you want to be. If you are self mapping, it's just your own time. But if you paying someone you may want to install all your mods and then pay for a map making it cheaper

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wont be mapping it myself so its worth doing a few jobs first and then taking it to be mapped all at once?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I wont be mapping it myself so its worth doing a few jobs first and then taking it to be mapped all at once?
Yeah, you're better off doing this. It's more cost effective as you only pay once for mapping, plus you'll be getting the most out of the engine/mods. That's what I'd do anyway.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Personally i wasnt interested in a before and after figure so i have got all my mods fitted and now i'm going to map. I did my research before buying my First Evo so knew, exhaust, cams, pump, decat, boost cont, d valve, all on list to be changed before considering.

next . . . . . mapping

then tubular manifold and IX turbo combo

then . . . . . mapping

:naughty:

·
Registered
19,543 Posts
There are certain things you should not fit before getting it mapped, as it can possibly damage the engine like cams etc.
As with doing many mods, it also advisable to get AFR's and knock check at a minimum after fitting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts