Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Having quickly realised my TME is too good for tracking but still wanting to do track days and ultimately think about hill climbing, I'm having Mark 1 MX5 project built at the moment with a BRP M62 supercharger being fitted, using Greedy Emanage piggyback. May well need a remap, should be easy to work on as software link cable is in glove box etc.

Can anyone recommend someone reasonably local to me with good reputation please? I'm in Grimsby area. Alternatively car being prepared in Scottish Borders so a recommendation near there is also fine. Rolling road for set up preferred.

Cheers all, Andy

·
NR555
7,418 Posts
Speak to Neil Stokes at Stokes of Kelsey, he's just down the road from you at North Kelsey and what he doesn't know about supercharging mx5's isn't worth knowing

·
NR555
7,418 Posts
just mention Tom with the evo :smthumbup

Reactions: M3 ROB

·
NR555
7,418 Posts
:smthumbup

·
Premium Member
16,914 Posts
As above i had a Superchaged mk2 1.8 MX5, first with a M45 blower and then later with the M62, both using greedy emanage blue self built and mapped, in my opinion the Emanage was outside its comfort zone on the 62 charger and needs a better solution to get most from it, if you using Ultimate it might be better but there are better solutions out there.

My car was most fun on the M45 running around 200hp for a year or so, then made 240hp on the 62 but due to limitation on the EMB it never felt as nice and ended up putting it back to stock and selling.

I would recommend Clive from http://autotronixdevelopments.co.uk/ near sheffield to help with setup if needed, he knows his mx5's and i ran mine on his dyno a few times :D

Ian

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As above i had a Superchaged mk2 1.8 MX5, first with a M45 blower and then later with the M62, both using greedy emanage blue self built and mapped, in my opinion the Emanage was outside its comfort zone on the 62 charger and needs a better solution to get most from it, if you using Ultimate it might be better but there are better solutions out there.

My car was most fun on the M45 running around 200hp for a year or so, then made 240hp on the 62 but due to limitation on the EMB it never felt as nice and ended up putting it back to stock and selling.

I would recommend Clive from http://autotronixdevelopments.co.uk/ near sheffield to help with setup if needed, he knows his mx5's and i ran mine on his dyno a few times :D

Ian
Thanks Ian - this forum is brilliant for this sort of thing, very helpful everyone. Noted about the Emanage and your recommendation of autotronix. Will see where I get to with it and keep the forum updated. Andy

·
Premium Member
16,914 Posts
Which emanage are you planning on using ? (blue or ultimate) and which injectors ? they are most critical on these to get it all running smoothly and safely :)

Ian

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not sure on the emanage - I will check

Yes knew the injectors would likely need an upgrade - do you recommend any in particular?

·
Premium Member
16,914 Posts
Not sure on the emanage - I will check

Yes knew the injectors would likely need an upgrade - do you recommend any in particular?
It will depend on the emanage which injectors to go for, problem i found was due to limitations of fueling control on the EManage Blue (EMB) it restricted the injector size you can use, on the 45 charger i used RX8 injectors which are a common upgrade but when i fitted smaller pulley to up boost they struggled to cope, had to up fuel pressure to get it safe but still near limits, when i moved to 62 charger i had to fit bigger DeatschWerks injectors (would have to check on size) but i couldnt go as big as i wanted due to limits of the EMB and was again right at the limit, even with increased fuel pressure, managed to get on boost fuelling ok but meant it was a bit richer than i would of liked on idle/cruise due to way piggyback setup like EMB works (it can only trick stock ecu so much) i got it acceptable just not perfect and would go different route if i did it again.

There are many injectors available will have to check back what i used, however you cant pick until you finalise management side of things really, if your going Emanage Blue i would advise a rethink before going any further as it will struggle like i did with a 62 charger.

Here is my old thread on my MX5 - http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=368682

And a pick mid 62 charger install :)

Ian

·
Premium Member
16,914 Posts
Looking good so far :)... couple of things i would recommend though, either put a catch can in that breather from rocker cover to inlet piping, or just a breather filter on outlet on rocker and block the intake on inlet pipe, other wise you will get a lot of oil mist into the charger which isnt good.

Also i would recommend an intercooler,especially if going on track as without it intake temps go through the roof, i ran mine without like yours for a few months but was much better once i fitted and intercooler.

Enjoy :D

Ian

1 - 18 of 18 Posts