Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have bought an ARC heatshield to replace my old corroding one on my 3.

The original bolt heads have corroded, and will most probably snap upon removal, if they dont then I would like to replace them anyway.

Can anyone advise what bolt type these are as I read somewhere that you can get them from Wickes/DIY Stores etc?

I would like to buy the bolts prior to removing ;)

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,520 Posts
Bjorn,

You can get a reasonable range of stainless bolts from Screwfix. Failing that Wentins in Yeovil apparently also have a good range.

I'm going to do mine (and any other rusty bolts) when I get the car back but unfortunately don't know the size.

There might be a list somewhere in the service manual / TIM - I'm sure I've seen a table somewhere.

Cheers,

Simon

·
Registered
791 Posts
normally, i would say soak some WD40 in there but for the manifold, im not too sure. At worse, it will burn off and smoke a bit, what you cant wipe off. The easiest way is to remove one and take it with you to get new bolts.

·
Premium Member
2,520 Posts
I just took one of the top bolts out on my manifold and it came out no problem (manifold was fairly hot). Granted, mines a 6 not a 3 but you may be lucky.

I was going to replace it with stainless, but according to my brother a stainless bolt will cause the manifold to corrode (especially in the presence of salt).

My new plan is to spray them black along with the heat shield.

Cheers ,

Simon

1 - 18 of 18 Posts