Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I think at last i MAY have found the right carhttp://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/tongue1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle > (hopefully), the only thing is the current owner says the car needs 4 new tyres, at least he's been honest!!
What i need to know off you guys is, what sort of tyre to get, and what is the price for 1 of them, obviously so i can offset it against his asking price. The car would be mainly used as an everyday vehicle and not for high speed track use.
Any suggestions on the make an type would be of great help:):)
Oh its for a 6GSR.... i nearly 4got, ta!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Evoboy

But what is the brand and make you guys seem to go for, have heard of SO2's(are they Bridgestones)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lot's of choice 4 tyres, eg:

Bridgestone , SO2 or SO3
Dunlop D01J
Yokohama (cut slick style , can't recall the type)
Pirelli
Toyo Proxes T1S

Most popular here seem 2 b , Bridgestone , Yokohama and Dunlop.

Do a search on previous tyre threads 2 c plenty of discussion.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry Smudger, most rude of me not to reply to your email the other day. I will get back to you tonight.

Also consider Goodyear Eagle F1's as a very good budget choice. I need 4 new boots on mine and I can't make up my mind, especially as I am also considering 18in rims.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've said this before (several times) and will say it again... The Toyo Proxes T1-S simply transformed my car (I had Bridgestone SO-1's before) and I honestly won't even consider anything else when the time comes to replace them which might sound short-sighted but they just so dammed good.

Massively better wet weather grip, much better adjustability in the dry and drastically reduced tramlining. Shop around and you should be able to get a set of four fitted for around £500 all-in.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah,

but any decent tyre will transform the car coz the S01 are total and utter b0ll0x.

For balls out and or ravetrack you need Yoko A032 or Pirelli Pzero yellows.

For the rest of us: Toyo proxes, Yoko AVS, Bridgstone S03 (So2 no longer available), Goodyear eagle F1 seem to fit the bill. the first 3 tyres will be £500 for 4, the F1's about £400.

Someone had falkens and said they were noisy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I' d have to agree with Oli - I'm relatively new to the Evo scene and I'm really bugged by how bad the S01s are. Tramlining from hell, and the feeling of driving on ball bearings as soon as it gets wet. I'm considering P-Zeros - anyone tried the Asimmetricos (is this a variant of the P_Zero yellow?)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think different tyres suit different cars.

The missus has Pzero asymetric on her Fiat Coupe 20Vt. I'm not impressed, though it could be the car in general. Its more suited for high speed fun than country lanes. Never had any other tyres on it so hard to make a decent comparison.
The car tramlines under braking once the tyres wear a bit, and really feels ungrippy in the wet

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had PZero assimmetrico (yellow) on my RS2. Very good. Andre has them, MAXi had them, Wazup has them. Only positive comments so far. Best road compromise it seems. Only semislicks like A032s or Bridgestone 540s are better. But wear faster.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
pzero assemetrico are the best compromise the wear is good even on race tracks

in wet they are not as good as so 2 or so 3

but try go on so 3 on the track they won t last one full day on the track.

this is my opinion

regards

andre

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the comments - I've got a place that can do 4xasymmetricos for £460 GBP - the one thing I'll say of the S01s is that they've lasted a long time, so I suppose it's about time I splashed out. Not so expensive for the P-Zeros when you think that all the engineering that goes into the car for acceleration, braking, cornering, all has to go through those four bits of rubber.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My SO-1's didn't last very long... 2200 miles to be precise. Couldn't live with em any longer then that!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Don't ignore Falkens! They're (relatively) cheap, long lasting, and are very good in the wet. Not noisy! Mine have done 4000 miles and are still very good. Have no complaints about grip. The turn in is not superb, but hey!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'd like to agree with Andy. I've recently had a set of Falken 451's fitted at a cost of £90 (VAT included) per corner at my local dealer. I reckon they're pretty good value for money - Superb grip in the wet and stable through corners although I find them a bit fidgety at high speeds 120mph|PLS|. Road noise is minimal (but thats probably the sound of the 'Drager' drowning out everything else in the cabin). No problems with wear yet!

Daz

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As stated in earlier threads, the Falkens are very good street tyres. Will buy them again.

Mike

1 - 18 of 18 Posts