Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

does anybody know any thing about the blue mak thats been on ebay for about 4 weeks ??????

i now have the money to buy and am considering this car,
also does any one have any views on is the mak any better than a gsr or not is it worth the extra money

any help comments greatly appreciated as it a lot of money for me to spend on a car and want to make the right choice on the right car

cheers luke

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
The private plate does ring a bell as possibly having been owned by someone on here. But I have no info on it specifically, but if this thread stays at the top long enough one of the people on here who has been a memeber for years might be able to give you some history.

Speaking of history the seller makes no mention of service history. Without evidence that it has been serviced on the dot it's not worth the hassle.

Also on 42,000 miles you need to check if the cam belt service has been done. If it hasn't that is over £600 at a dealers. This service is due at 45,000 but may have been done early.

The price is on the low side for a TME though so if it's not too far away from you it's always worth a look in the flesh.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
service is due as not done for 12 months/4000 miles. i have said only interested if these can be taken into consideration on buying price as dont want spend out as soon as buying although it does look tidy

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
lukey1 said:
also does any one have any views on is the mak any better than a gsr or not is it worth the extra money

cheers luke
We all have different views on this - the TME owners will say it is far better, but IMO the TME isn't worth the extra over the GSR and the ride is too harsh.

Your best bet is to take them both for a drive and make your own mind up (like i did - then bought a VII which I couldn't afford to run) :crackup:

This one is quite a good price, so easier to compare, (whereas when I was looking I had to try and justify spending an extra £2k - £3k on a TME, than a GSR, and i didn't think it was worth it).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts