Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to easily get rid of windscreen scratches?

Basically the importer of my car looks to have used sandpaper to remove the chassis and auction number from the screen on importing, which has left a lot of scratches over the windscreen.

Wondered if there was a polishing compound or similar to 'rub out' the scratches. Have tried waxing and usual procedures but it doesn't help :(

Thanks!

·
Registered
997 Posts
My mate had similar problems following a "express valet" he couldn't get his out and it gets worse when bright light hit it.

Ended up putting a brick through the window and claiming for a new screen on the insurance!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Straight Line said:
My mate had similar problems following a "express valet" he couldn't get his out and it gets worse when bright light hit it.

Ended up putting a brick through the window and claiming for a new screen on the insurance!
Lol! Actually that's a pretty good idea :) not thought of that.

·
Registered
936 Posts
No need to do that, if the screen is damaged and can't be repaired then they'll fit a new one. i had a similar thing with my rear screen, took it to auto glass and the replaced it via the ins. co.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
glen4 said:
No need to do that, if the screen is damaged and can't be repaired then they'll fit a new one. i had a similar thing with my rear screen, took it to auto glass and the replaced it via the ins. co.
might pop to autoglass and see what they can do. just thought there might be some simple glass polisher or something that would help with the scratching. as above it's not too bad unless there's sunlight on the screen and then it looks terrible!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts