Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a new clutch in my 4 so phoned the main dealer. Told £670 fitted original jap clutch, but the clutch is not gauranted because of the sort of car it is ! Can that be right? Any way managed to find an AP organic for £380 is that good? all I need now is someone local to fit it. Local bods so far don't want to know. How difficult a job can it be ? Seriously is it a really difficult job? ABP motorsport who advertise in the wastegate only charge £ 185 to fit one. Help is needed........

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What he should have said is 'it is not guaranteed but that doesn't affect your statutory rights'. If it doesn't perform as expected or wears out early due to no fault of your own then you can get your money back. Pay by credit card as the finance company is equally liable then.
This legal lark is easy, perhaps I am in the wrong job :D

£380 sounds about right for the AP. Where abouts are you in the country? I am sure someone will know of a good place fairly local that can fit your clutch professionally without ripping you off.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Moby

Shop around for the AP formula R full organic clutch kit , I thought this was about £350 list and amp; I got 12.5% discount of this , can`t remember who from will dig out the invoice if you want ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im in Bristol don't really want to travel too far a field with a slippy clutch, if anyone knows of a good mechanic in the area that would be good.
Daved6 if you could find out who you bought your clutch from that would be appreciated......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately, AP have just put up all their prices......AP organic now retails at £448 8-(

Very good clutch tho'

Justin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ref Mitsubishi prices:-

The price from a mitsi dealer should be as follows,

Clutch disc £79.02
Clutch cover £94.04
Bearing £51.13
Flywheel £252.36 All plus vat
The dealer has probably also quoted (hopefully) for the flywheel as well,
Labour is about 5 hrs work approx 50ish |PLS| vat,

Without the flywheel total should be approx £550 to £600 fitted inc vat.
Go back and beat them up for a discount.

As colin says clutch is covered againist defects but not abuse

Hope this helps you,

Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
B Knight,
Are you sure about the price of the flywheel because looking on the co-ordport website, they list the price as £193|PLS|VAT and I've been quoted this price from somewhere else as well as the price for a mitsi flywheel.

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Andy,

You are correct they are cheaper for the flywheel than Mitsubishi But Mitsi wins on the other bits,

Moby,

If it has been slipping for a while you probably will need a flywheel, trouble is you can't check until its out,

We have not done one yet without doing a flywheel and it is recomended by Mitsi.

Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Moby

You don`t need to replace the flywheel you can get it machined for £50 ish

Try B.G. Developments on 01527 873716 they supplied my AP clutch kit p/n CP 2000-19 for a total cost £322.52 |PLS| vat including carriage .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts