Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any comments on the Magnex cat back exhaust system ?
For info I just got 4 news SO3's all in including tracking , balance ect for £460, which i thought was a good deal !

Chris
T444 EVO

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Magnex follows 100% OEM route, not the best!

I've just had the 3 Mongoose turbo back system - no quite as straight as some but for value for money its excellent, and produces flames.

Jeremy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got a full magnex on my 4. Good fit , nice sound without being over the top and I also get flames.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chris i have the magnex system on my 5.i went from the turbo,with a down pipe and decat and then the cat back system it has made quite a differance it now sounds alot better and the mid range is alot quicker and smoother its well made and fitted together really well very happy with it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Insbro... The oe system runs a different route to the Magnex. The oe joins at the side of the backbox creating a right angle bend whilst the Magnex uses a smaller backbox so that the pipework can run through in a staight line. The bends are also less severe.

I know this because I spent two days pi$$ing around under the car trying to fit the decat pipe ;)

D.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Deano

I've since found that out but I did get my info from a magnex dealer!!

I've had Magnex in the past on about 4 cars could never fault them the build quality is excellent.

InsBro

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks very much for your help guys, one more point, can i expect to suffer fuel cut with a magnex fitted ?
Thanks
Chris
T444 EVO

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry, can i jump on this thread...

Deano, or any one...

i've just got the Magnex decat section for my E4

Came with no gaskets. i have not attmpted to take out the cat yet 'cus i need to know if i need any.

shall i seal with a paste or what...

Cheers..

Colie

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SC, a few peeps have had this problem, and most have got away (inc. my close m8 Six Mad) simply by using paste.

Hope this helps,

Rich.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Duplicate added to this thread...

Guys and Girls,

About to fit de-cat pipe on my e4 and there is a sensor attached to the Cat through a fitted conector.

de-cat pipe has no place to put it!

HELP!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Had the same problem when I decatted my four. Was told this is just a heat sensor, so just cable tied it up out of the way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts