Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been offered a HKS Super Dragger exhaust for a top price and am seriously thinking about buying it....

However, was originally thinking of a Magnex or a H and amp;S...

Has anybody actually done a back to back comparison or had any of these fitted to the same car to see which actually performs better... and feels more responsive

Be interested to know peoples views

Jevo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Not much between them , but as the HKS is at a good price thats the one 2 go for.

The reports on H and amp; S are so so.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Magnex FULL exhaust has given 30bhp increases or there abouts on several peoples Evo's. I don't know about the others apart from what Evoboys says above.
If the HKS is such a good price you can always sell it later if you don't like it with out losing too much?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Magnex certainly gives out the best performance figures and, IMHO, the best noise.
H and amp;S gives you flameouts

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Full Magnex system will also give you flameouts (even with a Blitz SUS filter) - as witnessed on my car at Cadwell in June http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/TooHappy.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >.

Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jevo,

The answer is yes, other than an uprated fuel pump (not sure if that makes any difference to flameouts).

Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finally got around fitting my HKS Hyper (or Hy-Power) Muffler.
First it looks huge even my mum noticed it!!!!!! Quality is top notch. Sound is perfect, deep and sporty, gets louder when hot. We did a test drive my dad in the porker and me in my Mak. I overtook him in 3. gear then changing up into 4th. My dad was so convinced that he even waved his hand out of the window at 100mphhttp://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/biggrin1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >.
The rest of the car is standard engine wise but throttle response has improved and pick up is better.
All in all I can only recommend it. As the system is 3inch it will be capable for further mods.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Received my HKS Hyper Muffler exhaust with GT extension kit a few days ago. Never seen an exhaust of this quality! Looking forward to fitting it, but I have to wait for the SVA test first...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Claudius

have you finally fitted your exhaust? I'm also interested in the extension kit and if it's worth buying it as I already have the Hyper Muffler cat back system.

Thanks

Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts