Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I had installed the Magnex cat back system so I thought that the next logical step would be to de-cat it. When I replaced the gaskets either side of the de-cat pipe I noticed that the internal bore of the gasket (2 3/4 ) did not match up to the bore of the de-cat pipe (3 ). I phoned Magnex and Ralliart to see if there was a larger gasket available but no luck, I have also been to a few auto-factors but they only have 2 3/4 and cannot help.

I know that there are a lot of people using these exhausts so could you tell me what gaskets to use and hopefully where do I get them from? If it was just a small difference in size then I would not bother but when you look down the de-cat pipe there is quite a step.

Regards.
Dean

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
How about using high temp, gasket paste?? Not sure of any names of brands, I'm sure this is how the garage done my Magnex, as I've got from the Turbo back.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Having recently rebuilt Six Mad`s exhaust, we noticed this too, in his case we just joined the exhaust back together with exhaust paste, and left the gaskets out.Since managed to get hold of some steam pipe gasket (800 degrees or so rated) so i`m gonna try and make some gaskets out of that when i install my new exhaust.

Rich.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Fitted magnex last week same probplem, they used some gasket paste no leaks on it yet.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
I was told today that an option would be to use a 3.0 Omega gasket as this car has 3 pipework as standard.

Don't know if I could handle the idea of my car being part Vauxhall though. Kinda like getting a kidney transplant from Fred West ;)

Will try the exhaust paste over the weekend.

Thanks
D.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
mines joined with paste only, no leaks. end of the day paste is used 4 joining sections so whats the differance!

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
I can sell ultra high quality gaskets in just about any size,
tell me what size you want in (mm) and ill get you a price.

Justin

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
I had the Magnex decat and back secrion fitted and Mark Shead used the HKS 3 Gasket... seemed to work okay to me....

If thats of any use ?

Jevo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts