Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand mongoose are cheapest but quality isn't so good, magnex a bit more expensive but better quality has anyone had experience of these systems or can recomend alternative for a 4. Also has anyone had dealings with BIMTA at a cost of £70.5 they check with sources in japan if your grey import is stolen and give a guarntee.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Evosport,

I used to have the Magnex full exhaust system on my old black EVO 6 including down pipe and de-cat. This is a very well made system and provides a noticeable improvement in power.

I now have a HKS Super Dragger which sounds a lot better. It also looks a lot better with the size of the back box but as far as I'm aware it is not a full stainless system. I am also going to fit the Magnex down pipe and de-cat to the system when they are available.

I have been waiting since early December for the bits. It sound like Magnex are in financial difficulties so I was told by another member so getting hold of the Magnex system may be a problem.

Try justin at http://www.torqueic.com/

He seems to stock most items at reasonable prices.

Skeletor

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had both on previous cars, but went with Magnex on the E6, due to cost and quality, compared to Mongoose. HKS and Blitz were way to expensive for what they are. I'm sure someone will correct me, but the Jap import exhausts are not stainless steel, but mostly mild? carbon? coated on a sealant.

The Magnex does give a noticeable rip in the performance figures and driving.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts