Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered Magnex Front pipe, de-cat, and System. Does anyone know if this will have the boss for the Lambda sensor or will i have to get a boss put on or by a custom de-cat pipe.
Does the full fat Viii have the lambda sensor in the same place??.
I am having the system fitted on Friday and will post results.
any info appreciated.
Anyone fitted full Magnex as above to a 260 yet?

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
matt i was @ magnex just before my opp and they told me they had completed the evo 260 front pipe . it looks like a completly new turbo exhaust range is on the cards from magnex soon maybe even 3.5 " too and even modular to accept a trackday silencer system .

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jasonprice07 said:
If the system is for any VIII other that a 260 then it will not have the boss for the second sensor as its only the 260 that runs with this sensor.

Jason :)
I have just contacted demon tweaks who are fitting the system and they have told me the Cat Replacement pipe has two bosses in it with blanking plugs. This should mean that i can put the main cat lambda sensor in one of these. i hace looked under the car and the sensor is at the front og the main cat so i should be okay shouldn''t i.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MADMAT said:
Me and Iain Newman passed a 260 onto Magnex for development, so your system will be taylor made for the 260 :)
If there were two bosses for sensors on your 260 pipes where abouts were they. I have seen the senso just infront of the main cat, where is the other one?

·
Registered
530 Posts
The main fuelling sensor is in the turbo elbow, nothing to do with the exhaust system. If you replace the entire system on the 260 and remove all cats you will get a cel light on the dash telling you that the cats are malfunctioning. You will need a remap of your ecu if you have complete system fitted. If its a cat back system it will be fine ;)

Pringle

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tooty said:
If there were two bosses for sensors on your 260 pipes where abouts were they. I have seen the senso just infront of the main cat, where is the other one?
I have now contacted Magnex direct and they have redeveloped their Viii system so it fits both the Viii & the Viii 260. You have to fit the full system , front pipe and decat. The cell light i can fix mechanically as shown on here eleswhere either mechanically or electonics. I plan a EKUtek (£600) to fix the cell light tho. I think WRC solve the cell light issue this way. I got confused as their is alot of misleading info on this site but got there in the end. :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pringle said:
The main fuelling sensor is in the turbo elbow, nothing to do with the exhaust system. If you replace the entire system on the 260 and remove all cats you will get a cel light on the dash telling you that the cats are malfunctioning. You will need a remap of your ecu if you have complete system fitted. If its a cat back system it will be fine ;)

Pringle
Leave the CATs on you must be joking! :D I want a fire breathing beast. ECUTEK should sort the cell light shouldn't it. If not i will do the mechanical fix.

cheers

·
Premium Member
9,526 Posts
ecutec will not sort the cel light problem ,the mechanical fix is iffy at best up till now the only fix that i've heard of that works is a change of ecu. but these things change daily and hopefully someone can enlighten me as to the solution as i'm waiting myself

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
stevoviii said:
ecutec will not sort the cel light problem ,the mechanical fix is iffy at best up till now the only fix that i've heard of that works is a change of ecu. but these things change daily and hopefully someone can enlighten me as to the solution as i'm waiting myself
Well WRC Technologies sort it on there stage one kit. They retain the std ECU and ECUTEK map it. So they know a way to solve the CEL light problem. If i give them my car to have the ECUTEK they will fix it for me hopefully. Otherwise it will have to be Autronics for me.

·
Registered
530 Posts
tooty said:
Well WRC Technologies sort it on there stage one kit. They retain the std ECU and ECUTEK map it. So they know a way to solve the CEL light problem. If i give them my car to have the ECUTEK they will fix it for me hopefully. Otherwise it will have to be Autronics for me.
Yes mate excactly right ;) . As for the mechanical fix it only works on a few cars, i tried all that on mine and got about 200 miles and all was back on. then moved it closer, then further all over the place but no luck. Wrc-tech is the way to go in my opinion mate. :D

Pringle

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
tooty said:
I have ordered Magnex Front pipe, de-cat, and System. Does anyone know if this will have the boss for the Lambda sensor or will i have to get a boss put on or by a custom de-cat pipe.
Does the full fat Viii have the lambda sensor in the same place??.
I am having the system fitted on Friday and will post results.
any info appreciated.
Anyone fitted full Magnex as above to a 260 yet?
Had my Magnex system fitted today. It went straign on. It is from the downpipe back. I am leaving my front pipe on until i have the EKUTEK done. Then we shall see. :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
gripper said:
Can you feel much difference.....?
Yeah the turbo strts to spool up a little earlier so the kick is a bit harder 2000rpm to 4000rpm. It revs a bit fasterand revs out cleanly with a nice howl. I think most of the improvemnt will be noticed when i get the EKUTEK and get a bit more boost and fuel thrown in there. It sound more like a motorbike now tho.
I little noisier than i expected but not too bad and barable when cruising.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sim_Evo said:
Cheers for the pics Tooty, i'll whack them on here for u 2moro when i got more time.

How much did u pay for the whole set up?
I probably paid more than i should of but they were local and fitted it all for me.

I paid £412 fitted.

That is Magnex Cat Replacement, and system. I will be chaging the fron pipe at some poit but dont think the gains are worth it until you are looking for 350bhp plus. I think 330 should be possible with EKUTEK. If i am not happy with that then i will get serious i.e Autronics. ECU.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts