Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Phoned magnex this afternoon, they said they dont make a front pipe for the evo 6 tme, but i see from the other posts people have them, can anyone point me in the right direction to buy one, as i dont want to have to fork out for the HKS extension kit...

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lee,

One point to remember with the HKS kit is that the extension kit (or turbo elbow as it's sometimes known) is an extra bit of kit that replaces the factory elbow and power gains can be had by fitting it. The Magnex downpipe just bolts onto the factory turbo elbow. Whether its worth the extra 250 quid or so over the Magnex downpipe is another matter.

Another option is the PE downpipe which replaces the factory elbow and downpipe (but comes in 1 piece). If you want excruciating detail on PE downpipes, I'm sure Evoboy is happy to oblige http://194.93.140.171/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >

Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
more info on the PE piece would be great, as the hks pipe is a fortune compared to the magnex (i have a hiper muffler, so if it comes to it i will bite the bullet) but i would like all the facts first

cheers guys
lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lee boy

Bite the bullet as you say. Dont get some hand made pipe that they make 10 or so of. Get HKS, top stuff, top price, but they know what they are doing. I have a GT extension kit, if you can get better quality I will eat my Evo.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Claudius, i hear what you are saying and i could not be more pleased with the hiper muffler it is a work of art, but the car is costing me more than my house at the moment so i am trying to pull it back a bit.

this is the reply from magnex:

properly not - it all depends on the diameter of your ralliart de-cat pipe - ours is a 3 bore pipe because we originally made it on a rally car and re-designed it for our Magnex range.

Obviously we guarantee correct fit on our Magnex range and we can measure to see if it is likely to fit, but cannot guarantee it will fit until you have the product. If you tell us the measurements of your ralliart pipe, we will measure the jigs - which are used to produce more and we can tell you if we think it will fit. If this is the case you will need to purchase, and understand if it doesn't fit we will have it back provided it is in the same condition as it was when sold.

which seems fair enough.. has anyone fitted a magnex front pipe to a ralliart de-cat pipe?? and than onto a hks hiper muffler??

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lee,

re PE downpipe, go to www.powerengineering.co.uk , look in the Mitsi secion under products/exhausts. Pics and description there.

Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks steve, i will have a look, is your experience with PE ok as a lot of people seem to think badly of them on here.

i phone alan @ dragon, top bloke, i am going to get the magnex from him and have him fit it as well.

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lee,

I have only had one lot of work done by them but I'm happy with the service and results so far. If you want more detail on what was done etc, drop me a mail.

Regards,
Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lee, I have Magnex down pipe, Magnex decat, and HKS Hyper muffler the only problem being that the Hyper muffler internal diameter is smaller than Magnex down pipe/decat and so there is a step between the two which would cause unwanted back pressure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts