Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
just bought the Magnex decat-pipe for my german (LHD) EVO6. When I was under my car I saw right-away that this wouldn´t fit. My EVO´s pipe is much longer...(I TALK ABOUT THE CAT-PIPE!!! http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/tonguewink1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle > )
The Magnex one was about 12cm too short. I sent it back to GRAHAM GOODE. They told me it is possibel that the LHD has another exhaust system...???
Any Idea?? Sizes of your pipes...??????

Thanks, FX

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
The German and the Swiss EVOs have a different cat compared to the UK ones. As you noticed it's longer but not 12cm. I had to change my HKS Hyper Muffler accordingly, that means to shorten it. Ralliart Germany do a decat pipe. Ask them. This fits straightaway.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE MAGNEX DECAT PIPE FITS WITH THE HKS SUPPER DRAGGER? AS I HAVE JUST ORDERED ONE. I STILL HAVE THE STANDARD DOWNPIPE FITTED. ALSO IF IT DOES FIT, IS IT A STRAIGHT AND EASY JOB?

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Ralliart-Germany told me they have only a decat-pipe for their ss system, not for the original exhaust-System.
Still looking for pipe...

FX

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Is it just the german and swiss lhd cars that have different exhaust or all the lhd?
Claudius have a lhd tme and he ordered the hks complete exhaust and it fitted without problems, with a supersprint decat pipe.
The supersprint decat pipe for the lhd evo is not stainless steel.
It is also expensive around 200£.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Maxi

If Claudius fits a complete exhaust system it will for sure fit as only the cat in the German and Swiss cars is longer that means the catback section is that bit shorter otherwise the muffler would stick out of the bumper. The distance from the turbo to the tip is the same on every car as are the fixing points.

FXevotion

Ralliart Germany are crap, it really depends to who you speak to. My mate has the decat pipe from them and fittet it on his standart system without any probs.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts