Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A bit of a long shot I know, but I'll ask :)

Does anyone have any experience of mapping a SRA-E ECU using their Vision 5 software :wallbang:
I can view the map(s) off line but cannot connect to the ECU via ethernet, ip address pings as good so hardware would appear correct ?

Any ideas ?

Ta!

Grant

PS - it's in an Evo :D

Attachments

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Do you have any firewalls on Grant? Might be a port blocked.

You could run Wireshark on the PC and see if you get any application layer related packets. Just a thought as well, the software's not bound to the MAC address of the unit as a lockdown method?

·
Premium Member
9,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have any firewalls on Grant? Might be a port blocked.
I did have, worked ok with pectel ECU, firewall now turned off and connected P2P (via a hub in case of xover wiring) - still no joy

You could run Wireshark on the PC and see if you get any application layer related packets. Just a thought as well, the software's not bound to the MAC address of the unit as a lockdown method?
I'm not that much of a PC geek :D ;)

You do dig these dinosaurs out Grant!

I saw vision 5 ages ago but never did anything with it really. Sorry not a lot of help.

I'll have a think
I don't dig them out, the bloody things find me :handsup:

The original plan was to fit a SQ6, I vetoed that when I saw the wiring diagrams and the multiple CAN connections to Motec/GEMS/OBR/Beru/etc "black boxes" :eek:

To help you think :D a pic of the offending software !

G

PS - The biggest thing to find me = 962CR

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did have, worked ok with pectel ECU, firewall now turned off and connected P2P (via a hub in case of xover wiring) - still no joy

I'm not that much of a PC geek :D ;)

I don't dig them out, the bloody things find me :handsup:

The original plan was to fit a SQ6, I vetoed that when I saw the wiring diagrams and the multiple CAN connections to Motec/GEMS/OBR/Beru/etc "black boxes" :eek:

To help you think :D a pic of the offending software !

G

Hello,

We have exactly the same problem. Did you solve the problem? How did you do this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone using the Magneti Marelli SRA-E ECU yet? I'm trying to find some information about it, but it's really hard to find something...

·
Premium Member
9,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone using the Magneti Marelli SRA-E ECU yet? I'm trying to find some information about it, but it's really hard to find something...
"YET" the ECU is 10 plus years old :confused:

google is your friend

1 - 9 of 9 Posts