Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· The better Dark Side
1,454 Posts
Just calculated Donalds vbox 0-100 from 2 sections of vbox data at ingliston.

0-60 = 3.09
60-100 - 2.37

Do the math:eek:

HIs 60ft time was only 2.14. On a drag strip or at Elvington my car manages a 1.7 This means the car COULD do a sub 5 second 0-100 on a drag strip.
For reference, Banana has done 0-60 on Vbox at Harewood in 2.3.

On the drag strip it does approx 4.6 0-100.

· The better Dark Side
1,454 Posts
Donald, my post wasn't a p take it was aimed at being useful for you. I can see from your video what speeds you achieve, you can't see them from mine.

It took me several walks of the course towork out where the sector markers are and they are nearly all in or on the cusp of breaking zones.

· The better Dark Side
1,454 Posts
Great time Donald, good effort!

Looking at your sector times on the 58.36 run, you went quicker then me off the line, and then through the esses section to the blind left, although i suspect that may well be due to the zero lag response of your car coming out of the essess.

3C 124 Donald McCaskil 2.02 7.93 12.62 12.48 13.82 9.49 58.36

3C 147 Steven Darley 2.03 7.89 12.78 12.46 13.80 9.36 58.32

Couldnt be any closer! I will have to try find some Avons, and see if i can push it into the 57's like my sectors suggest is possible!

Look forward to the videos.

· The better Dark Side
1,454 Posts
I watched your run and heard the boost multiple boost cuts. I'm surprised you even got a 61 with it running like that.

I saw you do a 95 terminal, but I've seen mr Darley do at least 103 up there. I'm sure he said he was doing over 110 at the top. Steven?
Yes, the speed trap is part way up the hill, and you can hit higher, having hit 112 before lifting for quarry. I have done 108 through speed trap and only just made the corner.

Perhaps the acceleration whilst overboosting was making up for the boost cut! ;) We run 2.5 bar up there, although i think i tried a bit more when i ran the 42.

· The better Dark Side
1,454 Posts
That's pretty close on sectors. My logs ECU show I hardly used full throttle as I didn't want to be damaging my engine and most of the time i never went above 80% throttle. I still had boost cut.

Here's the in-car video of my T2 run from Sunday. I forgot to press 'record' on the line of my 58.36s run :eek:

I can be seen turning the boost down just before the entry to the Esses. Didn't make much difference though

Looked a handful on boost :smthumbup

· The better Dark Side
1,454 Posts
112 is mental. that's 17mph quicker than Donald's car looking at the video he poster. crackers. how did you make the corner? :lol:
That's per the gps unit on the Car, peak speed is reached after the speed trap ;)

You sure the wastegate solenoids arent plumbed the wrong way round?
One of the solenoids on the Banana had a wire sheer flush with the solenoid which i only just spotted, we also stripped it down and it had seized interally too.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts