Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Anthony
3,764 Posts
I even had one member post that I was the most unhelpful member on the forum because I didn't pander to his every question via PM. :lol:
LOL. what a ******... you're one of the most helpful people on the forum :shake:

I get a lot of PMs too on this and other Forums. I guess it can be seen as flattering that people will ask, and I always go out of my way to help people, but will certainly draw a line with the odd rude one (same one as Clive perhaps :rolleyes:).

In your case Donald, you have developed a new and successful way of doing something and that has been a huge time and money investment, and is essentially something that someone can take and make money from. It's a bit different to someone asking what your alignment settings are or what size fuses you use.
I think any of us who have 'Project' threads have a degree of obligation to answer PM's about what we're doing / showing to a point, but I agree totally with you asking for compensation if they want technical information that has your blood sweat and tears on it mate :smthumbup

· Anthony
3,764 Posts
The age isn't relevant, but the amount of fatigue the rods have endured is massively relevant.

The higher the load that has been imparted on the rods, the higher the metal fatigue, and the lower the time to failure.
This is exactly why I :wallbang: every time I hear someone say "we tuned torque in at a higher rpm to save the rods" :hammer:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts