Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well hello all, I thought I would share my project (a friend pointed out a spelling mistake smart arse)as its started early due to this virus.

I've owned track cars for a while and 3 years ago bought a evo 9 after too much to drink and a silly bid later.

The young lad after owning for less than 2 weeks decided to argue with surrounding trees on a wet day and loose.

We spent 3 months repairing the car and making it look pretty, it was totally stripped and track ready this was only going to be a bit of fun with no silly extra carbon/engine mods/suspension and well you know the evo world can get hold of the wallet really quite easy.

So said car was used once and as a self employed chap work took of and the car got put to one side, only dragging it out to start and clean her.

So while work was nuts it still didn't stop me from looking and finding the parts that I said I wouldn't do after seeing my friend run and dive down the rabbit hole.

So first came the Simon Norris super charger kit cheap on eBay, awesome bit of kit and looks f-ing fantastic.

Then the Simon Norris engine again another bargain running at close to 700bhp on a 2.3 stroker, I managed to get all the running gear aswell.

So the big plan was to put all this acquired stuff into the evo 9 over the winter break but again work got in the way.

Now while work was happening you may have seen or heard of the evo 9 rs that Luke Clayton had built with the stupid Voltex kit attached to it. A reported £350,000 build???

Me and my mates spent over an hour looking at the car at the NEC show a year previous.

Well funny thing happened I spotted the kit was for sale at a fraction of the cost it would had been new, the kit had never seen a track, so I popped across to see Ross Walker who had the kit up for sale.

And after putting the kit on the floor of the work shop and uncontrollably opened my month and numbers were shouted from it and then it was put in the back of my van.

So then I was going down the rabbit hole at such a speed and getting stupidly excited about the prospect of driving the car common sense was lost.

So I decided to see how much I could build a car like the one the kit was removed from but for a fraction of the cost if I had bought the parts new.

But if I was going to do this I was going to need a shell that hadn't had an argument with a small Forrest, as always the man they call Ross said I have a shell it been stripped and seam welded and its a Evo rs 7 shell.

So after again a few conversations I bought a shell and a Hockly roll cage at again a bargain.

So work still busy but then this virus hit us and england stopped, so what to do with this time do I complete the jobs I should be doing at home or do I start building this car with the aid of Saint Engineering who is owned and run by Nick Sawyer.

We ll as you can see from the pictures the answer was decided to start, I plan I keeping everyone updated a much as possible on this and at the end I will add up the cost to see how much we and saved.

Any time during this build you have any question or would like quotes for works on your own cars/project please just ask the quality of work that leaves this work shop is well take a look-

So after all that information I've just thrown at you please see some pictures so far-

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well its been a productive few days on the build not really got to much time to run on about it so here is some more pictures-

Attachments

·
NR555
7,418 Posts
Keep the updates coming, looking forward to the road ahead

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Looking great bud but supercharger kit with 2.3 motor is going to require a proper box any standard based box is going to get lunched 👍🏼

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mad Evo Build (Engine going on Holiday)

Hello All, Thank you for your interest so far.

I've talked about the Simon Norris engine that is going to be put in the car.

Well the internet it fantastic at helping any motor sport enthusiast in finding help from the other side of the world.

Now sounds ridiculous that for me to send my engine to Australia to have the internals removed and put into a billet block is less money than me purchasing just the billet block in the UK with then additional works on top of that, but it really is.

So if we could all wish my engine a safe trip that would be grand-

Attachments

·
... now with more Bang :)
17,775 Posts
God that's a wing!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts