Has any one had or owned a m5 that can give me a honest owner review
Has anyone sold there Evo for one and love or regret it
Any one knows anyone who is after a Evo 8
I will put a full for sale thread soon
Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,346 Posts
If you mean the V10, then yes, we had one new whatever year it was they were introduced ( 2006? ), and I wasn't taken with it.

They sound great, but it didn't feel torquey, which meant it didn't feel that quick a lot of the time, it felt massive, and I thought it had weird steering. Add to that the fact that they use oil, don't have a dipstick, but do have a dashboard display that doesn't tell the truth accurately about the oil level,and it just became an irritation to have around. Equally tragic on fuel as the Evo, titchy tank, not enough fun to justify it, unlike the Evo.

Drive one, I can tell you what I think, but there's no substitute for having a go first hand.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
my mates 2014 plate drinks oil, has been in and out of bmw for engine breathers blocking up, the dash switchs falling apart, and he complains that the only time he can actually drive it is when its bone dry as it just spins ! Oh and it doesnt sound as good as my c63 :D

·
Premium Member
4,346 Posts
If I was in the market for a car in that territory again, I'd be looking at a Lexus IS-F. Other than the utterly crap satnav, I thought it was a much more enjoyable ownership prospect. £600 gets you an adjustable suspension setup from Fensport.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts