Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Don't affect me but thats one hell of a worry. It is the last bastion of safe, speedy driving and they are taking it away in the interest of nothing but money. The kunts :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Don't all sit back and moan about it and do nothing !!!!!!

Use your vote on May 5th to vote out this robbing lying government :D

Even if you don't like the Tories, the only way to get Blair and his robbers out is to vote Tory :cool:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
R-Jay said:

Even if you don't like the Tories, the only way to get Blair and his robbers out is to vote Tory :cool:
Amen to that. :D

·
Underground mapper
19,830 Posts
I can't see what the problem is really.

Everyone knows that the speed limit is 70mph

Everyone knows there is a chance that you will get caught

So what.......... if you get caught then there isn't much to do about it because it's the law. Whether the law is right or not is another discussion entirely though.

And before everyone goes off on one, yes I do speed but I understand the risks and take my chance.

Andy

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Driving at 70 mph on a motorway is sooooooooo boring :(

It is very likely that most accidents are caused by drivers nodding off. The problem certainly isn't high speed.

The problem is that a bunch of commercial operations - the "safety" partnerships - have duped the authorities into allowing them to make huge piles of money out of drivers' participation in a perfectly safe way of driving.

Consider Germany, where the autobahns are free of limits, except in high risk areas..........

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
marky said:
Anyone seen any cameras yet? Are they radar or laser?

Cheers

Mark
It's Scamera Partnerships vans on the bridges using laser :(

We've had the ******* things in Wales for ever. The disease has spread.

·
Registered
747 Posts
The worrying thing is that you could do 80 mph for 5 miles, go through 4 bridge checkpoints.. then get banned for 12 points and not even know it.!

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
was reading that the cameras vans have to park on the pavements up on the flyover sections to be able to use the camera guns
Apparently they don't have the correct approval to do this, so are actually parked illegally

Swindon Council were questioned about this, but refused to be drawn into discussion only saying that they'd look into the matter....

Begs the question, 'how can they do something illegally so as to get drivers supposedly doing something illegal...going over the speed limit ?'

·
Official MLRSS Snapper
8,145 Posts
R-Jay said:

Do you really think by changing the party in power will do anything it's a good stealth tax we all know that!keep the camera's on normal roads not m..ways.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
But catching some spotty scag-ed **** wont bring in any revenue
,as said changing parties wont do shite ,who ever gets in were doomed .The fines we can live with ,the points are the problem :cry:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Am i missing something here?

'Even if you can't attend the protest, you can show your support and assist with our expenses by making a donation. No amount is too small or too large.'

Then they go onto say

"You can't or won’t catch the mugger who steals an old lady's purse, but you're quite happy to take £60 out of her purse when she's caught doing 57 in a 50"

So where exactly is this donation money going? Double standards methinks :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Am i missing something here?

'Even if you can't attend the protest, you can show your support and assist with our expenses by making a donation. No amount is too small or too large.'

Then they go onto say

"You can't or won’t catch the mugger who steals an old lady's purse, but you're quite happy to take £60 out of her purse when she's caught doing 57 in a 50"

So where exactly is this donation money going? Double standards methinks :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I will be attending this protest lads if anybody fancies coming down with me, more cars the better. We are trying to stay away from the high performance cars like our evo's etc so bring whatever you can. Its had alot of coverage via the tv,radio, magazines and now the papers so should attract a few ****** off motorists. :D We need more protests like this as ive read that if labour get back in we can look forward to 35% more cameras on our roads with higher fines and stiffer penalties. :mad:

Jono

1 - 17 of 17 Posts