Registered
4,499 Posts
^^ Yeah, what he said!
Damn!
comments on YT (as usual) make me chuckle

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
:crackup:thought you would say that, for 10k fitted the 650 kit looks a good option, no internals needed and on a stock box:D
Not a bad price really Dave my only concern would be traction 500 is a lot of poke RWD only :eek:
But you only live once

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not a bad price really Dave my only concern would be traction 500 is a lot of poke RWD only :eek:
But you only live once
would be a hoot though, set of rear boots every 6 months:eek: they do a 540 kit aswell but I can get 460 just with a map and de-cat

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Waste of money. What the traders don't tell is the issues they have.

Everyone who charges, rips them off soon afterwards.

Get an exhaust and remap. 460-470 BHP reliable though :smthumbup

Please don't do it.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Waste of money. What the traders don't tell is the issues they have.

Everyone who charges, rips them off soon afterwards.

Get an exhaust and remap. 460-470 BHP reliable though :smthumbup

Please don't do it.
TBH, I have not read any horror story's yet,:confused:

·
Registered
8,818 Posts
The DCT box has a torque limiter on it, and not by-passable. you can have all the bhp in the world, but without torque, its not very useable.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
The issues are not well publicised.

Also have a look at uk car 1/4 mile times. Very poor considering power to weight IMO.

I just think you will regret it.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The issues are not well publicised.

Also have a look at uk car 1/4 mile times. Very poor considering power to weight IMO.

I just think you will regret it.
zoorst + map it is then:smthumbup

·
Vendor
4,430 Posts
The supercharged BMW's Simpson Motorsport did many moons ago we're great. Went in Tony's Z4 too and that was great. Give Anthony or Julian a call and see what they say. :)

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
The supercharged BMW's Simpson Motorsport did many moons ago we're great. Went in Tony's Z4 too and that was great. Give Anthony or Julian a call and see what they say. :)
Last time I was up at Simpsons, they were rebuilding a top end on a supercharged e92 m3.

·
Vendor
4,430 Posts
Last time I was up at Simpsons, they were rebuilding a top end on a supercharged e92 m3.
You bitter man! :smthumbup

In fairness that could be for any reason, just sharing my personal experience of the Supercharged Beemers, although it is very limted in reality! :)

Si

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
You bitter man! :smthumbup

In fairness that could be for any reason, just sharing my personal experience of the Supercharged Beemers, although it is very limted in reality! :)

Si
Lol

I know Si.

They do go well, but I think you have to have deep pockets to keep them going well.

They may well be über reliable, and for a road car might be A1, but I've seen lots who have them fitted and their car then becomes a continual life project.
And for me that takes away what the m3 is about.
They're all about the chassis, we had a lovely v8 saloon m3 in yesterday. Delightful drive, and for me the supercharger would spoil the balance between chassis and engine.

30-130 no doubt it will be quicker on a dry day.

It's like the Merc AMG, a guy slapped a supercharger on a c63 amg, against advice. He's now got a car that is only useful above 60mph as it is too much.
Factor in our sheite roads and I think it's a step too far.

Ant and Julian know their stuff no doubt, but being honest they will likely advise against it.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I will be taking it to the 30-130 if it goes ahead this year:D

N/A engines?? you don't get too much bang for your buck.

I suppose I just miss forced induction:crackup:

·
Vendor
4,430 Posts
Lol

I know Si.

They do go well, but I think you have to have deep pockets to keep them going well.

They may well be über reliable, and for a road car might be A1, but I've seen lots who have them fitted and their car then becomes a continual life project.
And for me that takes away what the m3 is about.
They're all about the chassis, we had a lovely v8 saloon m3 in yesterday. Delightful drive, and for me the supercharger would spoil the balance between chassis and engine.

30-130 no doubt it will be quicker on a dry day.

It's like the Merc AMG, a guy slapped a supercharger on a c63 amg, against advice. He's now got a car that is only useful above 60mph as it is too much.
Factor in our sheite roads and I think it's a step too far.

Ant and Julian know their stuff no doubt, but being honest they will likely advise against it.
All fair points mate! :)

So in summary Fatman100 BUY A 1M!!! They are awesome, best car I own or have ever owned!!! :D Will itch that forced induction need and a superb investment, I've made money on mine after two years!!!

Si

Reactions: spen123

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
All fair points mate! :)

So in summary Fatman100 BUY A 1M!!! They are awesome, best car I own or have ever owned!!! :D Will itch that forced induction need and a superb investment, I've made money on mine after two years!!!

Si
Already owned a 135i running over 400hp, too small for the shopping:crackup:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts