Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has an E5 he's just had a HKS BOV fitted and it now idles like a Subaru is this normal?

He is without computer.

I was thinking of this mod!?

Jeremy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jeremy,
It could be a leak on the actual BOV itself. Some types are known to open under idle and leak air into the intake system causing a lumpy idle but I was of the understanding that the HKS didn't do this. Alternatively, it could be a leak on one of the intake pipes that you have took off or replaced.

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Idled like a bas..d when i fitted mine.
I fitted the idle control gizmo from HKS and amp; it sorted the problem.
Mine also idles like a bas..d when its been raining too.
maybe mines a bas..d full stop?
But like evoboy said prob an airleak.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check that the stupid little inline disc filter fitted in the vacuum/pressure line 2 the dump valve isn't split , even if it isn't remove it and bypass it anyway because it will split. The HKS bov is different 2 other valves because boost pressure actually seals it more tightly , so if it is leaking it is either faulty or damaged.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
InsBro,
It's actually a filter , intended 2 prevent any particles reaching the Valve , but as the air used by the valve is filtered anyway via the intake filter it isn't needed. The problem is that if it splits it leaks air which will mess up the mixture and prevent the BOV working correctly, and it WILL split sooner or L8r , every1 I've seen , except when new , have.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've just fitted a new hks bov to my 6 and I have to say I absolutely love it!

I dont have any problems on idle, but the usual prob when you blip the throttle it dips too low. Had a hks idle stabiliser fitted a while ago and it is fine now, still dips but never stalls.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.