Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help guys. I'm preety sure once the new 18's are on and the new front Varis bumper is fitted that the car will have to be lowered for the right look.

Now, i was already to fit Eibachs (tried and tested good marks all round) but i noticed that the springs only lower the car 25mm, im wondering if this will be enough with the new bumper??

i have found these

Apex Lowering spring kit Mitsubishi Evo 4/5/6 Lowers by 35mm (260-2060) Spring Kit. Will these be to hard for everyday use, not that i use the car that much.
not sure what to do now :confused:

have included pics of bumper, and how the 17's look in the arch at present, the 18's have a 40 profile, so will be a little bigger.

Soooo whats best, considering the type of bumper i'm fitting?

Cheers

Si

·
Banned
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ride hight with current bumper

·
Banned
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Varis bumper to be fitted

·
Banned
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PhilG said:
when i did my 6 on eibachs im sure i measured it at 35fnt 25 bck, does not sound alot but looked much better.

PhilG
Hmmm so its only the back that gets lowered 25mm?? My front is much higher than back its the front im worried about.

Cheers

Si

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
See what setup Dark Destroyer has m8, he's running 18"s and IMO his car sits just rite with pretty much the same front bumper.

IMHO with the deep front air dam the car looks better sitting slightly nose down in a street racer pose rather than severely dropped all round which can sometime give the car a nose up look.

·
Banned
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SUSSEX REIMS said:
See what setup Dark Destroyer has m8, he's running 18"s and IMO his car sits just rite with pretty much the same front bumper.

IMHO with the deep front air dam the car looks better sitting slightly nose down in a street racer pose rather than severely dropped all round which can sometime give the car a nose up look.
Hmmm cheers again Toby, yeah thats the kind thing i dont want the front slammed, just above a kerb would be nice, so if Eibachs drop 35mm front and only 25mm back i should get what i'm after plus looking foward to feeling the diff in handling!

Si

·
Banned
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thats does sit well Mark are the tyres a 40 profile?

Cheers

Si

·
Banned
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Right, well thats sorted Eibachs are on their way

thanks muchly Gaz :D :coolsm:

Si

·
Banned
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Was asking gaz (cpp) bout fitting them he said, no big deal you shouldnt have a prob.

Soooo i think i will ask him for a step by step guide!

Si

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
both of my top nuts threaded as we took them apart, had to re-tap the nut and thread. then we could not manage to compress the springs enough to get the top mounts back on as there is only access to 2 coils. best of luck mate :) still had ago again on my 8 though:D

PhilG

·
Banned
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
WOW what a difference!

fitted them on sunday was told bout an hr to do took 5 hrs!! what a pig. Bloomin nuts corroded, couldnt get rear springs back on without coming up with a nifty way of using the jack to compress then up enough to swing over the lower arm. Camber bolts werent checked for postion when we removed them (misread instructions) my fairly big tool kits sockets werent long enough to go over the threads on the rear struts! (gif from gods was a rusty old spanner lying on its own that happened to be the right size kicked under some crap in the garage) but OH am i glad its done, car looks so much better sitting lower and my god, its handling is amazing, its Soooooo sure footed round corners, no body roll, and feels glued! AND the alignment hasnt been done yet! what a fantastic mod, come weds it will have the new 18" wheels once customs let them go! grrrr

Si

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
lol, maybe you shouldn't have been so tight after all :crackup:

dunno why you struggled with rears though :confused: they need no compressors at all. oh and you shouln't have touched the camber bolts either :crackup:

good job gettin it sorted tho ;)

·
Banned
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lol, maybe you shouldn't have been so tight after all :crackup:

dunno why you struggled with rears though :confused: they need no compressors at all. oh and you shouln't have touched the camber bolts either :crackup:

good job gettin it sorted tho ;)
spent enough out on car recently, so keeping labour costs down is all good in my book! Plus im glad we did as learnt more about the car again :)

on the rears Rich just couldnt push the brake disc/caliper down enough to get the strut over the lower arm, will bring it down to you soonish as must have service etc so mayb u can take gander.

as i said tho so glad its been done!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts