Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've picked up a 7 and she doesn't like low rpm at all. When taking off from a standstill the car splutters and hesitates for a split second causing the car to shake if I don't give her an excessive amount of rpm. When in traffic it's a nightmare the car does it's trick and I look like an idiot shaking each time I take off. I've check with evoscan and the tps is showing a value of 12.9% at idle and if you press the throttle the value goes up right to 100% so it looks like that's responding correctly, I've also taken off the e7 coils and replaced with my COP kit but that made no difference. I checked my fuel trims and they are fine.

Once I get past 3000rpm she's fine and will boost correctly to redline just this low rpm issue.

Anybody seem this before on a 7?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also if it might help diagnoses on a cold start she idles at 650 increasing as she gets warm and when warm will sit at 1100-1200rpm my old 5 used to idle at 850rpm when warm and 1200rpm when cold decreasing until fully warm

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What would show that? If I logged a cold start or idle maybe?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
here is a video My mate took of a soft rev on idle you can here the revs stutter briefly if you listen carefully

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just to update:

I changed maf, can sensor, coolant temp sensor and the problem went away oh and I also loaded a new rom in too do can't say for defo which it was but she's ok now

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I had the same problem bud. Theres a resistor for the coilpacks under your front arch which can break down over time. Get it changed. Solved my problem

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I am running GSC S1R's so its always lumping down low end. But this was as if it wasnt firing. Neaely stalling even with foot flat to the floor. Changing the resistor on the coil packs seems to have cured it

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts