Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all just done a RR at Ajec today and was hoping for 400+ with the spec I have.
Engine:
Fully forged Evo 5 engine (done about 5k)
Ballance shaft removed
Cosworth head gasket
RC750cc injectors
Uprated fuel rail
BC 272 cams
Walbro fuel pump
uprated 3'' lifters
Turbo Technics s209 with TT 3''elbow (done about 5k)
Tial Q-Valve Bov
Gizzmo ibc
Evo 7 ecu (geekmapped)
Uprated intercooler
Full hardpipe kit
Big K&N filter
Mines Manifold
Full 3'' Magnex 5'' slash with decat

Here are the print outs from today. Is there anything that looks wrong or out of place??
Thanks for looking :smthumbup

Attachments

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Hi all just done a RR at Ajec today and was hoping for 400+ with the spec I have.
Engine:
Fully forged Evo 5 engine (done about 5k)
Ballance shaft removed
Cosworth head gasket
RC750cc injectors
Uprated fuel rail
BC 272 cams
uprated 3'' lifters
Turbo Technics s209 with TT 3''elbow (done about 5k)
Tial Q-Valve Bov
Gizzmo ibc
Evo 7 ecu (geekmapped)
Uprated intercooler
Full hardpipe kit
Big K&N filter
Mines Manifold
Full 3'' Magnex 5'' slash with decat

Here are the print outs from today. Is there anything that looks wrong or out of place??
Thanks for looking :smthumbup
is that at 2 bar?????

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
my mates ix only made 393 running 2.1 bar 80 series turbo forged :shake:

·
Premium Member
9,962 Posts
I would say the the Ajec dyno is probably giving reasonably accurate results :eek:

Just use the, long established, MLR 24% correction (fudge) factor and you get 411.7 bhp ATF :D

Calculation is bhp(ATW)/0.76

Happy now ;)

Grant

PS would Ajec like to comment?

·
Banned
51 Posts
Nige as said to you and john earlier, I think you need to regap your plugs to get rid of that slight miss you had on the first run.

As for the power, i'd say the figures are pretty accurate as grants says above. Your boost does seem to drop off a little early, which could be down to the acutator, or it could be because the Gizzmo boost controllers don't seem to work that well on the rollers and never seem to hold the boost propperly on the dyno.

·
Banned
51 Posts
my mates ix only made 393 running 2.1 bar 80 series turbo forged :shake:
His was only 0.2bhp down on the last run he had a few months back, since then the engine has been forged and the boost upped a little.

However 2.1bar on an 80 series is pushing it pretty hard so it could just be sucking in hot air.

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
Nothing stands out , i'm not a fan of bc cams and it looks laggier than a 80 ix turbo and down on power?

·
Registered
8,894 Posts
What does it peak and hold on the road?
I have a Gizzmo too and they never work great on the rollers If setup on the road.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
i was up there today an mine is very much the same spec as yours but i gotta pfc ecu and E6 turbo on at moment, also had an issue with eml comin on which turned out to be tps plug, so not reving to ful power i got 380..
which int to bad considering, think these are pretty accurate figures myself....

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
His was only 0.2bhp down on the last run he had a few months back, since then the engine has been forged and the boost upped a little.

However 2.1bar on an 80 series is pushing it pretty hard so it could just be sucking in hot air.
We are wondering if turbo is just running out of puff, he is looking at maybe a 3076 now :smthumbup

very happy with mine though russ 450 :D

which makes it weird cos on the road there is nothing between the 2 cars :smthumbup

·
Banned
51 Posts
We are wondering if turbo is just running out of puff, he is looking at maybe a 3076 now :smthumbup

very happy with mine though russ 450 :D

which makes it weird cos on the road there is nothing between the 2 cars :smthumbup
3076 is going to cope with that level of boost far better than an 80 series will.

I could tell you were happy with yours (although you did look a little worried when it wouldn't start after we unstrapped you car) :lol:

On the road your gear ratio's will come into play, yours being a 5 speed and his a 6.

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
3076 is going to cope with that level of boost far better than an 80 series will.

I could tell you were happy with yours (although you did look a little worried when it wouldn't start after we unstrapped you car) :lol:

On the road your gear ratio's will come into play, yours being a 5 speed and his a 6.
Yea I can out run him on a forth gear pull :D

well wouldnt you have been :)

that was a dealership bodge when I sent it in withover charging fault.

More boost and more mapping to be do though I think, or maybe a tinker with the cams :smthumbup

·
Banned
51 Posts
Yea I can out run him on a forth gear pull :D

well wouldnt you have been :)

that was a dealership bodge when I sent it in withover charging fault.

More boost and more mapping to be do though I think, or maybe a tinker with the cams :smthumbup
Yeh i'd have been the same mate :lol:

I'd give the cams a tweak and go from there :smthumbup

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
well like haydon said, its a 500 bhp turbo so there is more power there somewhere :D

1 - 20 of 51 Posts