Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, wanting some help and advice please.

My evo iv is running at 0.5 bar boost. Not even running standard boost. Hav disconnected the actuator but still no difference in boost. What could be the problem. Had it checked by a local garage who are saying its the turbo or the wastegate, but once its off ill need to get it checked to see if its the waste gate or the turbo.

Turbo doesnt smoke and engine is sweet. Has a Hks BOV, Zorst.

Any help and advice would be appriciated.

·
Premium Member
22,088 Posts
sounds like a knackered actuator, do a search on the forum tab above, loads of info to be had.
Or else, try blowing through the actuator, if you can the diaphram is split (not likely as this generally causes overboost), or else the actuator rod could be seized

Actuator probs are well known on evos

Stu

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
before getting all technical.

go around and check all hoses/pipes incase they have loosened off or perished.

remove the actuator and try blowing thru it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have checked all pipes etc. Cant be the actuator as i disconnected it so it should hav ran full boost, which it didnt meanin it cant be the actuator Right??

Do i need to blow in to the pipe coming from the actuator??

Lets hope i can get this sorted with help from you guys.

Cheers guys!!

·
Premium Member
22,088 Posts
evo321 said:
Have checked all pipes etc. Cant be the actuator as i disconnected it so it should hav ran full boost, which it didnt meanin it cant be the actuator Right??

Do i need to blow in to the pipe coming from the actuator??

Lets hope i can get this sorted with help from you guys.

Cheers guys!!
Not necesserily, if the actuator has seized with the waste gate partially open, disconnecting its air supply would not make any difference to the boost you see

Blowing through it will show if the diaphram is split, not likey as that would cause overboost
Have a read of this

Clicky

Think we went through everything with this one

Stu

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Low boost

Had the actuator taken off and it was damaged. Turns out it was the actuator that was faulty. Now sorted and the my car has finally woken up. What a relief. Everthing is sweet and working, what a pleasure to drive.

Thanks for the help and advice guys. Its always good to get a second opinion. The first garage diagnosed it as a turbo problem, saying my turbo was faulty. He would have charged me £200 for removing the turbo and putting it back on. Thats excluding the repair/replacement of the turbo.

Cheers :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts