Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving home last night and started to hear a slight squeaking noise, turned off music and put passenger window down and yes there is this rather loud squeaking which gets faster, faster you go first thoughts that it was brake squeal.

When you brake quite hard it does go away by the sound of it.

Mate jumped out and confirmed it was rear near side wheel, had a quick glance and play - all looks ok - still seems like reasonable pad left, thought then it could be handbrake shoes rubbing or out of material so driving down my road I slowly lifted handbrake and soon as it starts to get tight the noise gets louder!

Any ideas? Its a IV with normal IV brakes so not Brembos :)

Cheers for any help...

·
Registered
449 Posts
my 4 does same
but only going round corners the fster i corner the louder it gets

and i havent a clue either

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah never had it before, just started last night and does it constantly.

Its getting a bit embarrassing now driving down the road with people staring at me but for the wrong reason lol

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Loving all the replies peeps lol :moon: ;)

Yeah I found the problem, there was something caught in between the inner pad and disc, what were the chances of that happening eh! It scored to pad a bit (see pic) but the disc was fine...

Ah well at least its not squealing now! :cool:

·
Registered
819 Posts
I was gonna say there`s something caught in there :)
I had the same on my old Impreza. I was advised to reverse very fast then yank up the handbrake to clean/dislodge the debris. I never tried it and would never suggest it either :crackup:

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah after studying the sound as I was driving I decided it was either something lodged in there or the pads were very very low lol... :)

Sod ripping the handbrake up while doing quick reversing!!! :cry:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts