Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
driving back from work after letting my car to warm up on idle, drove down the road and pop, big flame from the exhaust, was like a kid at xmas, i know maybe some people think its chavvy, but i thought it was cool as :lol: only mods i have though are a 3'' de-cat, 3'' cat-back,apexi cone filter and greddy type s bov, i didnt think with that low spec it would have flamed, suppose it might have just been from when it was idling it left unburnt fuel in the exhaust?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I find mine pops the odd time when driving it easy, like up to 2-2.5krpm through town going up through the gears :mhihi: not remapped, only induction and exhaust mods done. Oh, and no blow off or recirc valve.

·
Registered
633 Posts
i think its cool wene the car does it on its own:smthumbup but not wene its a flamer kit :smthumbdo

mine pops every naw and then but it wont flame :cry:

·
Registered
839 Posts
My car pops and bangs occasionally and i dont even have anti-lag, have no idea if any flames appear though :shrug:

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My car pops and bangs occasionally and i dont even have anti-lag, have no idea if any flames appear though :shrug:
1st time iv'e noticed it, heard it pop a few times, but the road i was on tonight was pitch black so couldnt miss it, bloody sh!t myself when it done it though, thought it blew up for a split second :lol:

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
I find mine pops the odd time when driving it easy, like up to 2-2.5krpm through town going up through the gears :mhihi: not remapped, only induction and exhaust mods done. Oh, and no blow off or recirc valve.
Mine does the same in similar standard trim. Its quite a subdued pop inside the car so i thought something on the suspension was knocking untill the wife drove past me and i almost dived for cover:lol:

Darren

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Had a HKS exhaust on my car for ages until recently I changed it for a Blitz Nur Spec. Now it pops and bangs for fun as it's full 3" staright through from turbo back with a decat pipe.

Only noticed when I cleaned the car the other day that there was a black "stain" on the bumper next to the exhaust which would not clean. On closer inspection it's scorch marks from when the exhaust has been flaming :smthumbup

·
Registered
433 Posts
Mine pops and bags when lifting the clutch for the next gear,Driving at night is quality look in the mirror and you see the sky light up :D

·
Registered
704 Posts
Cany beat some pops and bangs!, running mild anti-lag, when the exhaust is het up, the flames come out:lol: bloody loud too! love it;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts