Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if this is a viable business proposition...

It's probably not a huge money making opportunity but a good one for shops in the UK to better serve their customers with parts that are somewhat difficult to find in the UK. I'm looking for the same deal over here. It could be considered a competitive advantage at the very least.

Looking for a reputable shop or dealership to buy UK parts from, must support Japan models, evolutions 1-7 and have a proven, reliable track record in shipping on time and at reasonable cost.

What I have to offer in trade-

US OEM parts at a discount, probably not very desireable
Items for export from USA:

JUN
Cusco
HKS
Greddy
SARD
DEFI
ARC
Gram Lights
Volk
Fujitsubo

Our shop is a reliable shop with a stellar reputaion. Please email me if anyone's interested. We're looking to support rally customers in the USA who own imported Evos as well as the new Evo 8 customers who are looking for UK small parts.

Alex Grabau
www.dentsport.com
[email protected] dentsport.com (remove space)

·
Registered
46,409 Posts
mate its cheaper to get parts from japan than here in the uk :D

i advice u to go their and the american market cant compete with cusco uk anymore coz coordsport is their main distributor and if they want their agents steve hill can trash any japanese import price as they have done already

and u may still get customers for arc stuff and greddy coz the usa is cheap anyway specially for greddy and apexi alot cheaper than japan

all the best

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Moses, for clarification I'm located in the USA. You may have noticed but I didn't mention it before. We can also get:

Rps Clutch
ACT clutch
ATS differentials

If it makes things more attractive.

I can't comment on Coordsport's pricing as I haven't seen it. It's probably very good.

·
Registered
46,409 Posts
agrabau said:
Moses, for clarification I'm located in the USA. You may have noticed but I didn't mention it before. We can also get:

Rps Clutch
ACT clutch
Act differentials

If it makes things more attractive.

I can't comment on Coordsport's pricing as I haven't seen it. It's probably very good.
nice one mate. u should be able to sell the clutches if their at good prices :)

rps clutch is this the twin plate carbon one

cheers

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Someone post a price for a twin plate carbon clutch to suit EVO 1-3 and I'll post mine. We'll have a look. I signed no disclaimer promising punitive measures if I sell overseas. This is a free market.

I should also say that I am not a vendor. I don't want to violate rules and I actually think that I need to wait to post prices until we're set up. Perhaps I can post in the spirit of trading information? I'll wait maybe.

·
Registered
12 Posts
HKS are pretty heavy handed as well when it comes to dealer pricing.. What i heard through the grape vine is that nemesis perfomance slashed 15% off there HKS prices a couple of months ago to clear stock and got stuck off the official dealer list by HKS europe!

However if you import HKS parts from Japan you can set whatever price you want and HKS europe cannot touch you but the warranty expires as its imported.

Our sister company 'The Nitrous store' tried to negotiate with Nitrous express to be a Warehouse dealer, however nemesis had a contract to say they had complete control over NX parts in europe.. which to me is a monopoly. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Usually these contract protect the uk supplier from further competition [Good business ] How ever the likes of HKS can dictate the selling price and buying price which then forms price fixing .Something that the uk has tried to shut out .
it went on in the concrete supply as a cartel had formed and was investigated on the TV .
Some companies who are very strict on their country dealerships won't allow euro countries to supply other euro countries with their goods through the back door so to speak ,and may be struck off if it continues .
How ever more down to the private individual buying direct off the internet bares question as to who and where he buys his goods .
The contracts protect the uk distibutor, but who knows where the public buy from .

lets say the MLR buy 20 units of HKS boost controllers to sell onto its members at a fair competative price .Bought from say the USA.
HKS get wind of this via the UK distributor who put up a fuss .
The USA supplier could be cautioned and told not to supply outside his designated distribution area / country .

To me Its reasonably fair to do this .
However it breaks a fair trade policy on behalf of the public getting ripped of by price fixing.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Price fixing is illegal, but common - its suggested even the main banana importers have been doing it! :eek:
What most aim for is to maintain the value of their brands, and make decent margins, so they justify cost of promotions etc.
But as with many things, prices in the UK tend to be quite high. The major danger is that the big players push the prices down, squeezing the small players out of the market, which then reduces the choice. A bit like the situation with the big supermarkets - but then we like the convenience of shopping in one place and thinking we are getting cheap deals ! (Altho' I'm not convinced they're always as cheap as they make out). :confused:

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Co-ordSport said:
Price fixing is illegal, but common - its suggested even the main banana importers have been doing it! :eek:
What most aim for is to maintain the value of their brands, and make decent margins, so they justify cost of promotions etc.
But as with many things, prices in the UK tend to be quite high. The major danger is that the big players push the prices down, squeezing the small players out of the market, which then reduces the choice. A bit like the situation with the big supermarkets - but then we like the convenience of shopping in one place and thinking we are getting cheap deals ! (Altho' I'm not convinced they're always as cheap as they make out). :confused:
I feel that big outlets have an advantage of being able to supply on the day as apposed to ordering in .
however stock on the shelves need space and space costs money .and if stock doesn't shift its dead money and you may have to sell below if not equivalent to the buying in cost .
thankfully theres no such thing as a set retail price ,only the margin a company needs to make to make a profit .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts