Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning guys

Well after wanting an evo for ages i'm now in a position to buy one... finally!

I have a budget of around 14k and can stretch a little more for the right car. I just have a few questions if you guys can help me please. Always had vags before so dont know a great deal about evos

Im after a 8 or (9 if it falls in my budget) FQ MR sub 80k miles, with my budget is that realistic or am i asking for too much? Ideally want one with a few mods already done

What are the import MR's like compared to UK spec ones? I know they are not classed as fq's due to being imports however are there many major differences? Are imports worth the same as a UK spec car?

I'll have a read through the MLR buying guide but is there any other pointers i need to check out when purchasing one?

And finally if anybody is thinking of selling theirs drop me a pm

Thanks in advance

Munny

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
378 Posts
Good morning guys

Well after wanting an evo for ages i'm now in a position to buy one... finally!

I have a budget of around 14k and can stretch a little more for the right car. I just have a few questions if you guys can help me please. Always had vags before so dont know a great deal about evos

Im after a 8 or (9 if it falls in my budget) FQ MR sub 80k miles, with my budget is that realistic or am i asking for too much? Ideally want one with a few mods already done

What are the import MR's like compared to UK spec ones? I know they are not classed as fq's due to being imports however are there many major differences? Are imports worth the same as a UK spec car?

I'll have a read through the MLR buying guide but is there any other pointers i need to check out when purchasing one?

And finally if anybody is thinking of selling theirs drop me a pm

Thanks in advance

Munny
If your after a EVO why not get a 6.5......they are lighter and more agile and if you can get a red SCP it will holds its value more.

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
If your after a EVO why not get a 6.5......they are lighter and more agile and if you can get a red SCP it will holds its value more.
haha, a red TME for £14,000 no chance, white now is almost out of that range with low mileage etc

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
I would rather have a well sorted 8 than stretch my budget for a 9 which isnt well sorted.

A nice 8 with a few mods would be ideal just not a fan of silver 🙈
I owned the White gt last year and all it needs is a map to make it a sorted stage 1 evo. I spent quite a bit on it with wheels, springs, turbo back exhaust, splitter etc. Problem is as I'm sure most will agree the more mods it has the more likely you are of inheriting potential issues so I prefer to do it myself if you get my meaning. Still as I said earlier you should be able to find a nice 8 for your budget. :smthumbup

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Nice choice evo 8.5 will be your best bet ...E9 bumpers and ul be in love ;)

Only if you want Mivec look around E9 obviously when tuned they have a extra kick :)

Keep looking iv seen some right bargains but only the early bird typa thing

UK MR do hold more value with low miles but tbh they are all imports anyway.

I had uk spec just the cluster has ralliart and a UK spec FQ MR plaque iirc

FQ MR340 are a big hit as a tune takes them 400/400

Good luck with your purchase

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Don't do it.

Spend you hard earned on coke & hookers instead.

On a more serious note...

Look underneath.
Look underneath again..
Look underneath a third time...
Look underneath with a person who knows what they are doing..

Then buy a GTR.

Rob

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
I picked up my evo 8 320 for around 13, the 9s i was looking at were around 15-17 but lets be honest they look better :) id have probs streched to a 9 if i could

1 - 11 of 11 Posts