Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone
so basically ive wanted an evo all my life and finally after many years of hard work i can finally afford one.
currently im looking at an evo 4 (with an evo 8 engine) and intend to buy it but before i do so i need some advice
i want to buy the evo as a daily driver that i can drive to work/university etc but before doing so i want to know how reliable the evo 4 is and if it is even possible to daily an evo in the first place

evo owners please guide me

·
Premium Member
Evo8 260 2004
2,328 Posts
Loads of people on here daily there Evos. So that’s not a problem. Just make sure you go over it as you would any second hand car but give loads of attention to underbody rust. Be wary of fresh underseal and get right under the car to inspect.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've had my IV since 2008 and for the first one-and-a-half years I drove it daily (about 30 miles a day) without any problem. The only thing it needed was an alternator (came the first winter), some suspension bushes, and normal servicing. Being fussy I also had new coilovers and refurbed the brakes within the first year. Naturally, they are a lot older now but if it's been looked after I can't see why you can't use it daily, rust issues aside.

Now, 12 years later, I only use it a couple of weeks a year, but she hasn't needed anything apart from a new battery and usual servicing. The engine (original) and everything else are as sweet as a nut.

Good luck in the search and post some pics when you get one :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
hi everyone
so basically ive wanted an evo all my life and finally after many years of hard work i can finally afford one.
currently im looking at an evo 4 (with an evo 8 engine) and intend to buy it but before i do so i need some advice
i want to buy the evo as a daily driver that i can drive to work/university etc but before doing so i want to know how reliable the evo 4 is and if it is even possible to daily an evo in the first place

evo owners please guide me
Working hard to afford one, you'll have to work even harder to keep it on the road as a daily :eek:

For a daily look at MOT, make sure seller gives you 12 months, look at mot history of what might be coming up next time around, make sure not rotten.

But if its what you seriously want, just do it, don't regret you never did it later in life, enjoy :thumbup:

I worked like crazy as a 18/19 yr old watching the birth of the F&F movies, saved and bought a near new E8 260 at 20, lots of people frowned, cost me a fortune to keep as a daily, when your 20 you can easily rack the miles up! Had it for a daily for 3-4 years, spent a small fortune on it making it faster, bigger BHP, made it worse than when it came from factory:lol:. BUT I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT. Hence why I have a nice bog standard stock 9 in my garage to enjoy when I wish now, Evos are a drug my friend!

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Evos are awesome, you will not regret getting one, as long as you are prepared to do things right with it, such as proper service and meticulous care.

Any upgrades you wish to do to it, make sure it is in the right hands.

Get opinions from evo owners, do your research on the matter, and try to also associate with evo people , try to see their evos up close, and get a drive in them if you can. When you have all your major questions answered you'll know which evo to buy and what to do with it.

Personally, I do everything to it myself, and it has been 17 awesome years with it. It has been through many stages and types of usage, including being a daily for many years. Now, having finished her up on her last engine/turbo setup, it sits in the garage at 820-830 WHP or a 1000 ish bhp, on a low reader dyno, and it drives much better than stock.

Marios

Reactions: Arsalan

·
Registered
20 Posts
Very tough mechanically as long as maintained properly. High fuel bills. Rusts like an old Italian car if driven in winter salt brine ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks alot guys i think im gonna just go ahead and buy it wish me luck
one more thing what should i check on the car before buying apart from rust and mot

·
acting daft since 1969
19,576 Posts
just be mindfull the 4 is an AWESOME car ,and very very capbale ,its not an OLD car 24 /25 years old
they have had the living c*** kicked out of them most of there lives ,expect issues ,while you say you can finally afford one ,can you afford 2 if not dont buy one ,these cars can an often break you heart and bank balance in equal measures and very quickly indeed
if you can post up any links to adverts to cars you interested in ,a few of use have been around these cars way way to long and can spot a lemon in seconds
buy the best you can afford ,good cars are now demanding good money

good luck hunting but anything just ASK the lads and lasses on here can often save you a small fortune or save you from buying a HUGE headache

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
****ed

Nevermind guys I got robbed 😔😣. Back to where I started looks like this dream will stay a dream.
To those of you who own evos consider yourselves very lucky you have no idea what I've done to have what you have

1 - 11 of 11 Posts