Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there im dan new to the forum, i own a civic type R at the minute and are looking to get an evo. i just wanna know some of the running costs etc, how old you guys are and your insurance costs you
iv just turned 21 last month, i earn around £600 basic a week up to about £1100, and i dont have any real expences as im back living at home for now, depending on overtime and my insurance quote btw was 4K :wallbang: but if i dont get this car now i probably never will.

any help would be very appreciated thanks a lot

·
Registered
622 Posts
I know you want a general view of costs but it wont help you much as its so specific to each individual. It can be done and there a quite a lot of younger guys with evo 8/9 now.

Took my policy out at 22 and its £1300, only just turned 23.

If you live near London then good luck :)

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
hi there im dan new to the forum, i own a civic type R at the minute and are looking to get an evo. i just wanna know some of the running costs etc, how old you guys are and your insurance costs you
iv just turned 21 last month, i earn around £600 basic a week up to about £1100, and i dont have any real expences as im back living at home for now, depending on overtime and my insurance quote btw was 4K :wallbang: but if i dont get this car now i probably never will.

any help would be very appreciated thanks a lot
If our taking home 1k a week i wudnt even think about running costs:smthumbup

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
On that income mate u can deffo afford :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers for feed back lads i got quoted £1800 for new fucus RS and £3k for a scooby but end of the day iv wanted to own one of these since i was about 13 haha, i also have a must on any jap cars ...... SIDE ANGLE JAP CAN!! HAHA

·
Registered
11,496 Posts
Can someone tell me how a 21 yr old earning 1100 a week needs to ask abot evo running costs, if he still lives at home? Wtf?

Oh, and how the hell do you earn that sort of money at that age?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can someone tell me how a 21 yr old earning 1100 a week needs to ask abot evo running costs, if he still lives at home? Wtf?

Oh, and how the hell do you earn that sort of money at that age?
i finished my engineering apprenticeship last year, work for a company called camerons which produce 'trees' what is basically what sits on sea bed piping the oil out and oil is big money

1 - 13 of 13 Posts