Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I am completely new to the EVO scene after selling my STi 8 and buying a Mitsi L200 3 months ago I am now completely bored senseless and need to get back on the rails again!

So today I visited my friendly Mitsi dealership and was offered the following 2 deals:

MR 260: 22759.35 with 3 years servicing

or

MR 320: 28175.00 with 3 years servicing

Hence a few questions, when I bought my STi 8 brand new and paid list price etc. people fell about laughing at my stupidity :blush: are the deals I have been offered good/bad or what??

Secondly, I took the 260 for a test drive and thought it felt nice and quick but then after plodding around in the L200 I suppose it would. Is the 320 a worthwhile step up or would I be better off with the 260 and then adding a few modifications to perk it up a tadge and save myself a couple of grand in the process?

finally the salesman I spoke to said that there are all manner of modifications I can make without invalidating the warranty. This seemed to good to be true after owning the Scoob where I believe the wrong washer bottle fluid can invalidate a warranty!!!

Thanks in advance

Andy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are they not both an MR deriviate then?? excuse my ignorance still a learning curve to climb I assumed as they were both new they would be MR's???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,716 Posts
AndyBrew said:
are they not both an MR deriviate then?? excuse my ignorance still a learning curve to climb I assumed as they were both new they would be MR's???
The 260 is neither an MR nor an FQ :)

It is basically the first Evo for the European market.

Get what the dealer told you about mods in writing as well :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
I believe Gallaghers were advertising pre reg delivery mileage 260's at £17995 (without the free servicing) in Autotrader. Contact details at www.gallaghers-cars.co.uk. I have no connection with them just seen their adverts whilst looking to buy one myself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
watch the mod one. Two local SW dealers refuse to honour the warranty on exhaust upgrade/decat. One does.

so I think it varies dealer to dealer. I always found subaru really good. Changed my P1 quite a bit and no problems at all. Think it again depends on the dealer and these here are South weest based.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,922 Posts
nickejmartin said:
watch the mod one. Two local SW dealers refuse to honour the warranty on exhaust upgrade/decat. One does.

so I think it varies dealer to dealer. I always found subaru really good. Changed my P1 quite a bit and no problems at all. Think it again depends on the dealer and these here are South weest based.
How can a dealer decide to invalidate the warranty when CCC are priving it? Surely its their call and thas it :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the replies peeps, with the new EVO version on the horizon will this put pressure on the dealerships to off load existing stock of the VIII or does this just not happen???
 

·
OAP
Joined
·
1,832 Posts
Reckon you can do (a little) better in the MR320 deal - I did :)

Double-check on the 3 year free servicing deal - I thought that finished at the end of March :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
639 Posts
AndyBrew the EVO9 is due out shortly so bear in mind mitsubishi could be letting 8MR,s go for song nearer the time.

;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
639 Posts
AndyBrew said:
thanks for the replies peeps, with the new EVO version on the horizon will this put pressure on the dealerships to off load existing stock of the VIII or does this just not happen???
Beat me too it pal. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
okay I feel a plan building here, when is the 9 due out then peeps?
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top