Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this forum, so first of all hello to everyone.

I am trying to locate my dads old Evolution 7, registration Y728SVR in yellow.

Is anyone aware of the vehicles current location or owner? Thought this forum may be a good place to start.

Kindest regards
Gareth
:mitsi:

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
Hi Gareth welcome to the MLR if the car is still floating about someone on hear will know of it good luck with search :goingmad:

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
looks like its still about, just been taxed, MOT is due in may and has 42k miles on the clock

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had already checked the Mot and tax, so I know it's on the road somewhere.

Would love to find it.

Thanks for your replies and help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
3 years later and I am still searching, would love to get in contact with the owner!

I monitor the MOT history each year and last year it did around 16 miles. It is always kept Tax'd, insured and Mot'd.

If anyone can help or pass on a message that would be fantastic!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I managed to find out that it's had a few MOT's at the Nutgrove M.O.T Centre, in St Helens over the last couple of years. So must be out that way somewhere.

I have contacted the Garage owners (Through Facebook) as I have done each year it's test was 'about due' to see if they could/would pass on my details to the owner of Y728. No luck as of yet.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
I managed to find out that it's had a few MOT's at the Nutgrove M.O.T Centre, in St Helens over the last couple of years. So must be out that way somewhere.

I have contacted the Garage owners (Through Facebook) as I have done each year it's test was 'about due' to see if they could/would pass on my details to the owner of Y728. No luck as of yet.
They can't tell you anything due to GDPR and also customer confidentiality. Even if they did mention about you to the owner i'm sure they wouldn't want any contact. They blatantly love the car and are only driving it to and from the garage for it's MOT each year / would be concerned that it could be a thief.

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Try contacting CPP Motor Developments, they are based in the North West and it's possible Gaz knows the car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They can't tell you anything due to GDPR and also customer confidentiality. Even if they did mention about you to the owner i'm sure they wouldn't want any contact. They blatantly love the car and are only driving it to and from the garage for it's MOT each year / would be concerned that it could be a thief.
That's why I asked them to pass over my details as a pose to the other way around. I wouldn't expect anyone to give me a customers details, it would be highly unprofessional.

I tried to pass over my details 'Should they ever wish to sell the car.' Which I am aware is highly unlikely. Due to the length of time they have owned it and the limited miles covered per year.

I believe it's the same owner that purchased the car from my Dad at a couple of years old.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I get we all get sentimental about cars but why do you want to know where the car is/who has it?

:smthumbup
If the opportunity should ever arise I would be interested in purchasing the car. As mentioned, I understand this is unlikely due to the miles it covers each year and the length of time they have owned it (I believe it to be the same person that purchased the car off my dad at a couple of years old).

I have fond memories of the car. Nothing more, nothing less. :thumbup:

·
... now with more Bang :)
17,783 Posts
Who would think a 'yellow' evo was so hard to find :lol:

One day they may change their mind and want to sell :smthumbup

Reactions: GarethD
1 - 17 of 17 Posts