Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv got an evo 7 fq300 with stage one mods but in need of a boost controller, have stumbled accross a greddy emanage e01 for a good price.
wasnt realy looking at an ecu manager but if i I can buy this for less than it would cost to buy a profecb spec2 then I might aswell if it does just as good of a job controlling boost and alot more things.

Im not looking for big power, anything up to 380bhp :)

Are these hard to install?
if I get one can it just be installed as a boost controller?
will I need a specific evo 789 harness for this or can it just me spliced into the current standard ecu?
Are these a decent bit of kit for what im going to be using it for. I just dont want to fork out over 500 squids fora a standalone im not going to take full advantage of.
any advice would be much appreciated :)

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I went with the Perrin 3 port boost controller. £85 from TSL. this allows the standard Ecu to control the boost. You can then have the car mapped either ECUflash or an ECUTek dealer

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats waht i was thinking, this emanage is only going for around 100gbo at the mo so if i get it for that price it might be worth getting it?Even if I just use it as a boost controller? or will the standard ecu not be able to be remaped using ecu flash once this is fitted? wil it all have to be done via the controller?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its just like this one,
PROFEC E-01 BOOST CONTROLLER
on doing some research its not the emanage im looking at, just the boost controller and unit which can be used with the emanage if you want
:)
thinkn this is the case any way lol

·
Registered
12,391 Posts
you got the fuel pump done?

·
Registered
30,469 Posts
As above get the standard ECU mapped, I know the E-manage is cheap but there is a reason for it. The stock ECU is so much better when mapped.

This is a reason Mitsi UK stopped using Unichips and went to Ecutek.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Iv got an evo 7 fq300 with stage one mods but in need of a boost controller, have stumbled accross a greddy emanage e01 for a good price.
wasnt realy looking at an ecu manager but if i I can buy this for less than it would cost to buy a profecb spec2 then I might aswell if it does just as good of a job controlling boost and alot more things.

Im not looking for big power, anything up to 380bhp :)

Are these hard to install?
if I get one can it just be installed as a boost controller?
will I need a specific evo 789 harness for this or can it just me spliced into the current standard ecu?
Are these a decent bit of kit for what im going to be using it for. I just dont want to fork out over 500 squids fora a standalone im not going to take full advantage of.

any advice would be much appreciated :)
Hi Mate

I have this Boost controller , which is fairly easy to fit , however a pain in the arse to set up it takes a lot of getting used too, i am very pleased with it there are a few channels as standard as RPM and solonoid duty on the screen wuith the boost

there is aslo the ability to record the boost and play it back which seems good for i dentifying leaks etc

i dont have the emanage stuff

generally a good piece of kit once set up correctly

James

1 - 10 of 10 Posts