Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone

While i was reading some threads i saw something that makes me curious.

According to what I read a piston for a 2.3L strock can be used for a 2L LG but the CR it won't be the same.

For exemple the part number SC7253 by CP is used for a 2.3L and in a 2.3L it's about 9:1 and in a 2L LG it's less that is really true?

when i take my parts for rebuilt i asked about the part number in invoice SC7253 instead of SC7235 and i had as answer that CP make lots of different part numbers of piston, some for stroker, some for long rod and put them next to each other, and they are the same piston, just a different number on the box.

So i'm a little confused

At this moment a have std turbo(evo9) std injectors, jun 272° with hks 1.2mm head gasket 2.75" downpipe and cat 200cell . The car makes 400hp and 413lbft at 3600rpms with shell V-power that looks correct i think, in a case that i have less CR this values would be lower or not?

Thank's

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
not same pistons.. the two have different dish capacity..

due to longer stroke the 2.3 pistons need to have larger "volume above piston" at TDC than shorter stroke pistons for the same capacity..

for example I have 10.5 CR stroker pistons in my 88mm stroke (2.0 litre) with LR rods and that gives me about 9.4 CR in the end..

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
sucks my pistons set and my dyno results

I really dont want to lose my time and money to change the pistons

so if that isn't the same think why i asked about he said that is the same piston but whit a different part number? Not cool :thumbdown

1 - 8 of 8 Posts