Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
acting daft since 1969
19,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive just given the rally car quick once over today as its been in the garage since october ,it aint moved more than 6 inches in that time ,thought id better give to go up the road to make sure alls well ,

OH MY GOD ,how good are these cars ,its like ive not been out of it everything just works ,it goes well, corners mentally and as for the brake OMG :eek:,there ace you just forget so quickly how good it all is

im trying to convince 2 of my mates who both have rally cars ,one a very very quick 200 bhp 1600 nova ,the other 100 bhp if where lucky mk 1 fiesta,to get them selfs evos ,next week they will get a chance to drive mine whats the bets they will want one

i really want a 7 as my next rally car but would it really be that much better cos i LOVE my 4

·
acting daft since 1969
19,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
6 months mate. Boys in Blue hahaha
that must be the worst kind of lay off ,i just couldnt be bothered with it really ,my cars hardly discret :smthumbup ,i got a driving ASBO 18 months ago and cant be bothered with the hassle

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Kind of got used to it. Knew I was getting at least 6 months, If it was a a year, I would have sold it.

So glad I didn't!!

·
Registered
39,091 Posts
Mines was off the road the past 4 weeks and ive spent over a hundred pound in fuel this wknd driving it:mhihi:

·
Registered
18,574 Posts
My record is over 8 months, and last Friday I took her out for a spin after 2 months in the garage and as you said superrover it was awesome to drive such a beauty.

Jon.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Mines goes out on a Sat if lucky. Thats if theres not bits being added LOL

Car gets fuelled then parked when its gone, usually around 50 miles or so :lol:

·
Registered
544 Posts
Thought i better add, i only go 20quid per time as i dont want to bog it down :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
6RS
1,062 Posts
First time today for 3 month's:cry:only a quick round the block coz
the front bumpers off.Just couldn't wait:lol:

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
2 weeks when it was in the garage. Jumping from a 1.1 run around with almost 1/2 a HP into the Evo with the best part of 280 BHP is brilliant! You forget how quick they are, how level they go round corners and just how responsive the steering is.

After driving the Evo and jumping into a work van or some other cars you almost dont trust them with the amount of play in the wheel, some dont feel like they are connected to thw front wheels at all, and they feel like they're gonna roll over if you push it a bit.

Actually, that reminds me (bit off topic) I was going away to do some work and a collegue asked me to drop off a printer (work in IT), so I said ok, took it there (not tied down cos the vans have no-where to tie them down), and 2 clips that hold the tray in broke off.

He fixes printers and he had just fixed a seperate prob on this particular one. When he found out he was moaning saying stuff like "You shouldn't drive that thing like an Evo, you know?!", so I decided to show him what it's like in the Evo compared to the vans (on private roads of course).

He soon agreed had I drove the van like the Evo it would have been on its roof in a ditch somewhere.

/random story over :p

1 - 20 of 46 Posts