Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using Mitsulogger on a logging run to check for knock, which box should i pay attention to?

KnockSum

OR

Knock

The 'KnockSum' column is reading mostly Zero's with a few 1's here and there but the 'Knock' column has some crazy high numbers in it! Should i be worried??:confused::eek:

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
never used mitsulogger but on evoscan its 'knocksum'

....and from the readings you describe I'm guessing its the same on that.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Another question???

When wanting to reduce knocksum, is it best to reduce iginition at the logged load/point or increase fuel in the again at the same logged knock point?

Or is it perhaps a combination of both?

For the record my knocksum vales range between 2 - 6 and 2 - 16 dependant on which ignition map I use (obviously my 2nd map has significant advance values hence the knock sum)

·
Registered
19,543 Posts
That depends on what the AFR and boost is doing when you get the knock. If the AFR is constant before, and the boost is stable, then you will need to reduce the timing.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
With the goal being to get zero knocksum, would this be more advantageous to any advance to the ignition with sone nock sum to aid in spool/pickup?

Or as you mentioned Gray, knocksum total is 36 so is any knock value less than that so acceptable or is i a matter of trying to attain zero knock at all costs?

That depends on what the AFR and boost is doing when you get the knock. If the AFR is constant before, and the boost is stable, then you will need to reduce the timing.

·
Registered
9,312 Posts
defo dont want it to pull any timing mate

check the octane flag to see if the ecu is going into self preserve mode and pulling timing ;)

ideal is zero of course. but i was seeing counts of 3-4 without it pulling timing at all.....

·
Registered
19,543 Posts
You should aim to keep the knock-sum under a 3 accross the map in the ideal world. This ensures the octane level does not drop and interpolation between the Hi and Low maps does not occur.
Keeping the knock value at 0 would result is a very flat and horrible drive.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Understood, cheers for the advice gents :smthumbup

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.