Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they locking wheel nuts or bolts?

Can you buy them from halfords or do you need special ones for the OZ wheels?

Anil.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Don't touch the ones from halfords, they don't seat properly on the wheel
Get the one's from your Mitsubishi dealer, around £27 a set

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From RedFive on the 29th March:
Halfords : same fitting as Shogun, but make sure you get the square seating against wheel face !
Mine were £20:00 and are equally as good as genuine item
HTH

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks chunky !

I bought the ones form Halfords and nothings fallen off yet !!!
for those incapable of looking for themselves they do two fittings - both for shogun (which fit EVO) one has a square seat, one a tapered seat - I suggest that you go for the one that holds the wheels on tight unless you plan to go VERY slowly !!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As a post script :

I'm sure the mitsubishi ones fit just as well, but your dealer (as with mine) may have none in stock when you want them. The day I wanted them I was about to head to one of the less-nice areas of the UK for the weekend.

The Halfords ones do have a pretty-tacky red cap that looks s***.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
While we're on the subject, my car has got off the shelf TriLock jobbies fitted.

No silly red caps here, rather a thin stainless cap that makes the locking nut look like the standard nuts at a casual glance, but still obviously anti-theft types when you look at them closely.

I'm sure they must make a fitment for later Lancers too.

Update!
Just pulled this spec sheet from the Carflow website, the same parts should fit just about any Mitsubishi according to this.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Been there done that !
Originaly bought the Halfords ones (Shogun) and fitted them. Took car in for first service
and dealer told me that they do not seat properly and in time could work lose.
They have had several people also complaining about brake judder. Which amounted to the nut being lose.
For the £7 difference the original Mitsibushi items look a lot better. IMHO
But hey, you pays your money... and all that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As Red Five says Halfords do two sets. Go for the nuts with the taper and they fit no problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.