Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people

Hope all is well.

I have purchased 2 x 60mm Gauges to put in my Evo5, and am thinking about getting a third.

My question is please could people advise me where to put these gauges.

I would like them ideally in the centre of the car somewhere but dont know whether this is possible. I have also thought about the A-Pillar but am led to believe that treble a-pillar do not exist for the Evo, which is a shame as a had a triple in my scoob type r and looked great!!!

So any advice would be great and if anyone can point me in the direction of a supplier it would be much appreciated.

Cheers

J4CK50N

·
Registered
8,458 Posts
hhmmm if you cant get hold of the triple pillar mount then it looks like the dash mounted one is your option

i saw one of these at rse motorsport not so long ago they look quite nice actually ;)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jetskidia

Where did you get that pod from please? Also did they do it in light grey?

MAT325

Where did you route all the wires, how much butchering of the dash was there?

Cheers for all replys

J4CK50N

·
Premium Member
7,814 Posts
Personally i think they all look crap.Can you not take the radio out and have a matching plate made and then use an ipod with a tuner or something like that instead?

·
Registered
8,855 Posts
wolfyone said:
this type of thing?
The dials look nice near the radio, but it's pointless fitting them there as they are not directly in your line of sight.

If you have a problem you need to know about it the sooner the better !

·
Registered
433 Posts
I never fitted them but the pod is fastened down in 4 places & a hole had to be drilled underneath to feed wires through, dont think it will be very big as only small wires linking Defi guages.

Worth it though as the guages are in perfect position to see when driving.

J4CK50N said:
Jetskidia

MAT325

Where did you route all the wires, how much butchering of the dash was there?

Cheers for all replys

J4CK50N

·
Registered
583 Posts
dunno. personally i think a-pillar pods look a bit chav.

having said that i'm battling trying to get my gauge to stick onto the dash top :rolleyes: don't really want to drill holes in the thing!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
cheers for the replys so far!!!

I have tried to get hold of CCP but no joy at present.

If anyone else knows of other suppliers then pls let me know (other than Sumo - thanks for the links)

Cheers

J4CK50N

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
jetskidia said:
I had this triple holder fitted to mine
Thats a universal pillar pod id say. Fit some cars no hassle then would never fit other cars??!!

Nomad Racing also do direct replacement for most models of Evos. Single and doubles 52 and 60mm definetley, no trebles though.

www.nomadracing.com.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts