Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Do you have some informations about the link ecu for the evo v rs?
The price,540£,is very attractive but I don't know if you need extra sensors,looms etc.

Is there someone that have it fitted?

Is it better than the ralliart sports ecu or as good?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The 'main man' in the UK (and I believe world) for The Link is Bob Rawle, http://www.brdevelopments.com/. I'm sure he'll answer your questions.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maxi.............I have the EvoLink fitted to my VI GSR by BR Developments so I can tell you that you will require in addition to the ECU a knock and lambda module together with boost gauge. The ECU occupies the same bracket as the standard one and plugs into the same plugs, so no extra wiring is required. You need to add that lot together plus cost of mapping to work out the rough price but I bet it compares well with Ralliarts and PE offerings and certainly less than other mappable ECUs like the MOTEC and GEMS.

So far as the performance is concerned theoretically owing to its programmable nature the ECU can be made to do what ever you want upto the physical performance limitations of your various engine components. One would expect therefore that improved performance can be achieved up and above an off the shelf ECU like the Ralliart one, which wouldn't be specifically mapped for your car with your specific modifications.

My car is mapped presently so that at maximum it holds slightly less than 1.2 bar (which is constant between about 3500 and 7000 rpm). That might not sound a lot, but in practice the improvement in performance is quite staggering over the stock ECU (All you guys running 1.4 plus probably think that's pathetic). However I personally don't want to run much more than that, maybe just another 0.05 bar with longevity and track use in mind, but during mapping we had it at times running at upto 1.45 bar.

I can highly recommend the Evolink (with BRD mapping). You do really need a decat exhaust and induction kit to make the most of it though.

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts