Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The aim is sub 1300kgs with new roll cage and 1/4 tank of fuel ready for rallying and sprinting.:D

It's on the weighbridge next week.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Struth Mike :eek: thats some big balls to pull a rare and expensive RS to bits :coolsm::thumbup:
Thats some goal for weight also , very interested in the outcome .
Is it a full weld in cage ? or is it a bolt in to welded plinths?
Whats the plans for it , pure track, tarmac rallies and sprints ?\
Going to be some tool is this, especially with the engine results you posted recently :naughty:
Please update the thread with ongoing developments mike, as i have subscribed to it :smthumbup

·
Keep er lit!
4,203 Posts
Fiber glass doors, carbon boot, what all are you doing to get the weight down?
Be a good sprint car after the weight loss.
Good luck with it.

·
Premium Member
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Full weld in T45 cage. Pure track and rally use. Still road legal and taxed though.

std oem doors, bonnet and boot but plastic windows going back in. There are so many crash bars and strengthening struts hidden on the evo X. You can see why it weighs so much.

Great feature on the evo X doors is that the metal is thinner the further away from the hinge to save weight.

·
Premium Member
12,346 Posts
Nice work, will be fun with your weight goals:naughty: [email protected] wanted to go at mine with a hack saw but I stopped him as it will remain a daily driver.

Regards,
GUM

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
be good to get the evo x leaned up mike,they are a great car but the weight sure shows at times when braking and turning them,should be awesome to chuck about 200 kg's lighter,would of liked to done it myself,feels easier to buy what i did for the job though:Dgood luck with it and hopefully see it in action some point this year:smthumbup

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
Full weld in T45 cage. Pure track and rally use. Still road legal and taxed though.

std oem doors, bonnet and boot but plastic windows going back in. There are so many crash bars and strengthening struts hidden on the evo X. You can see why it weighs so much.

Great feature on the evo X doors is that the metal is thinner the further away from the hinge to save weight.
surely rip as much of the crash bars out with the weld in?

·
Premium Member
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
surely rip as much of the crash bars out with the weld in?
All gone mate. I've wanted to do it since I bought it nearly 2 years ago but didn't have the heart to rip into a brand new car. About 2 more weeks until my first local event, a tarmac rally.

·
Premium Member
8,486 Posts
All gone mate. I've wanted to do it since I bought it nearly 2 years ago but didn't have the heart to rip into a brand new car. About 2 more weeks until my first local event, a tarmac rally.
Great stuff Mike,

You've been threatening to do this for a while !!

500bhp and 1300kg would make an Evo X, a serious threat ;)

·
Premium Member
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:lol:
Did you take any pics of the actual removal work?
I only started by removing a few little panels and got a bit carried away:mhihi:

And it was mainly a power hacksaw and a spot weld drill not the Axe lol:D

I daren't show you the other pile:eek:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts