Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just taken an mr 320 out on a test drive as i am in the last throws of making a deal.i noticed that the abs light and a light displaying an engine (sorry not very technical) appeared to remain on during the drive.i asked the salesman about this and he told me they were not illuminated that is how they are!! can anybody with a 320 clarify this ie do these lights appear to stay on or was he just trying to bullshit me???

·
Registered
347 Posts
Was the sun shining on them............?? Could have made it look like they were on....... Also the general dash lights are on continuosly, not only when you turn your headlights on.

·
Registered
244 Posts
i ain't got a 320 got a 6, but can't be that much different....

the abs light should go out approx 7 to 15 seconds after start up else there is a fault, and not sure what the little engine one is either, but i reckon that should go out to else it wouldn't be a warning light now would it!!! :D

so i reckon mr sales man is talkin out of his rusty sherrifs badge mate..... :p

chris

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
chris harris said:

so i reckon mr sales man is talkin out of his rusty sherrifs badge mate..... :p

chris
:crackup: I've not heard that one before, must try to work that into my next conversation.

Re the warning lights - unless the sun was shining on them (which I doubt) then there is a problem. Problem is now in order to rectify the problem he'll probably just get an electrician to disconnect the warning light relay!! :D

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the sun was shining brightly believe it or not,so i kept trying to cover it with my hand but just couldnt make out whether they were on or not,hence the question,but i take it from what you have all said that they should not "appear" to be on in normal circumstances.the salesman was a bit of a knobber.

·
Registered
92 Posts
sweets is this the NEW?? car you have had the quote on??.when was it registered ??sounds more like a very low miles demo car to me mate. There were some very low mile(nearly zero miles) cars being (thrashed) around castle coombe on mitsubishi day that hadn't even been pdi checked. they even still had the transport suspension blocks fitted and were flying out round the trackwhat poor sucker will end up buying one of them?i'm glad my car had not already been pre regd as i know it is definately new when the reg comes through.
cheers martin.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
That IS how they are on a 320 !

At first I thought they were always on but then when they do come on you can see the difference :)

·
Premium Member
9,526 Posts
as said the abs sould go out seconds after starting the other light sounds like the check engine light.ive seen this on my car and you definately know its on.if they are on get a proper answer from the dealer or walk away. there is always another deal

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
martin,the car is in the showroom and has not yet been registered hence trade plates for the test drive.the car only has 50 miles on it 40 of which i did today,he will do me this vehicle for £24350 possibly 24250.
r-jay thanks for that mate so they are definately like that.its good to know didnt want to buy a car with faults on it when i pick it up!!!!well wouldnt of if that was the case.cheers again pal. ;)

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
They can look as though there on, if you just turn the ignition on you will see the difference if they stay on you have problems and the salemen is talking out the back of his neck for saying any different.

·
Registered
402 Posts
engine light is engine management light ie ECU so there is fault somewhere with this system could be cheap could be very expensive will not know until you de-code at a garage, usually when this light is on the engine will misfire, stutter etc depending on what the fault is sometimes it will run perfectly normal just depends on what the fault is.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
could the vehicle being run on 95ron petrol and not optimax etc cause this light to come on and remain on? as the rep that took me out didnt know a lot and stated that he had just put £20 in and i am pretty sure it wasnt optimax..

·
Registered
321 Posts
Mate have a 320 no lights should be on when you drive unless you put the auto intercooler spray on. Walk away

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Been out in mine today and noticed even more after reading this thread, the sun was shining on the dash and they looked on but when i was in the shade it was obvious to see they wasnt ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts