Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I think I've gotten to the point where the evo (evo6) has gotten a bit dated for me now, and id like a car with a little more comfort and a better interior!
I'm sure some of you have sold your evos and moved on and even possibly come back to one again.
Question is what to look at for around the price of a good evo 6 so 8-10k as a 2nd car for fun. Preferably not fwd and not French, already had my share of torment with that in the past! E46 m3 perhaps and buy it some goodies? 350z? I'm really not sure what to go for, so suggestions from the good folk of the mlr would be most welcome!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,763 Posts
It depends on what you want out of it really mate. A rwd car can be equally frustrating and more scarey if you're not used to oversteer. It's not just the cost of the car, it's the running costs attached to a car like the m3. Slightly up on your budget but I've got a B7 RS4 and it's a brilliant all rounder. 414bhp stock, 4wd, full leather, amazing revvy v8, comfortable... I can have more fun in my old e36 m3 though but when it's wet, it's pointless getting out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had a few rwd cars, 200sx s14, e36 m3 and the death trap that was my mr2 turbo lol. Id love an rs4 but to much of a stretch for me right now I'm afraid. I did look at the older rs6 but main issues being air suspension and the auto box I'll be avoiding that one!

·
Premium Member
1,763 Posts
The suspension is an issue with the rs4 also. Coilovers resolves the problem and not really too costly but yeah, them old auto boxes you're stuck with on the 6. They aren't cheap cars to run and rightly so, you don't want to be doing it at a stretch.

For that kind of money, R32 or a Subaru? I'm not a fan of the 350z.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
S2000 if you like poo in your pants.

·
Registered
224 Posts
E46 M3 is a good choice as said previous but try finding a good one, also they are increasing in value at an alarming rate.
After I sold my last EVO, a VII back 6yrs ago I went back to a 350bhp Sapph Cosworth (2nd car) for about 2yrs, sold that and bought a BMW E92 335i petrol with a small remap circa 360/365bhp. A lot of car, very quick, very comfortable but no LSD as standard so no EVO around the twisties. You would find a nice example with your budget.
I have been driving an E92 M3 for nearly a year now, a lot of car again and twice the car on the twisties and nearly twice the fuel consumption over the 335i:eek: and sounds evil with the small exhaust mod done. You would have to stretch your budget a bit for the E92 M3 though.
Good luck:smthumbup

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Definitely no bikes. Far to many bad drivers on the road to enjoy a bike for me now. Test driven a few 350z this week. Not for me tbh it actually felt slow and even the gt spec interior doesn't come close to German interiors. Off to test a nice rs4 with a good spec tomorrow. Over budget but I just have to know how good they are and see if it's worth creeping the budget up slightly! Failing that I may well the daily aswel and go for something new/ish.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've entered a dark dark world. Test drove a 3 year old bmw 535d with a dpf delete and remap yesterday. How to say I was very impressed!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts