Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought some Lexus IS200 style rear lights for my evo 6 (i know they are not to every ones taste )
i have bought the lights second hand so there is no come back from the original supplyer .
The problem i have with them is once you have screwed in the reversing light fitting in to the lens you are not able to get the lens to sit flush with the body work as the fitting fouls the pannel behind the light (the shell so it is not possable to mod this in any way )
i have spoke to the seller and they fitted his car ok and i have also spoke to the original supplyer and they were not awere of any fitting problems with these units .
some of you on this board must have these lights fitted , did you have any problems ,and if so how did you overcome it (it may be possable to 'shave' some of the plastic off the fitting but this would be a very last resort
cheers in advance for any help you may be able to give
Dafydd.

p.s i am aver that some people do not like these units but it is simply a matter of personal taste (possably bad :) )

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
IGO,

Every Evo I've looked at with IS200 lights shows the same fitting problem , they just ain't OEM quality.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
with out the bulb holders plugged in they fit ok against the body the problems come once the bulb holderes are in ,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got the IS200 rear lights from UP Auto. They fitted fine with no fouling at all. The only problem I had was taking the connector off the retaining lug on the original housing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts