Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy is interested in getting one of these beasts. Are there any reasons to avoid one? Reliability, callbacks etc.? The performance and spec seems great value for money and it will suit his families needs to a T, so is there anything to be scared of and why don't we see lots of these on the road?
Good advice welcome.

Cheers,
Newts

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Cracking car to drive, make sure its a tiptronic auto as the manuals do not have abs or ayc, on the dash in the speedo are 3 little bars your ambition will be to get all three bars lit at the same time while cornering if your cohones are big enough.

About 25 to the gallon if driven sensibly, Servicing almost the same as an evo, performance almost the same,
0-60 6.5secs but mid range overtaking is superb.

Its one of those cars were following traffic just disapears in your rear view mirror without you noticing it.

treat buying it the same as any import, Mitsubishi brought about 50 into the country but are quite expensive.

Just think of a volvo t5r but faster and 4wd.

Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got a Galant VR4 which is the saloon version and it's fantastic, a great combination of refinement/luxury and sports/performance.

The brakes can be a little underpowered if you're driving it hard but essentially great. Mine's got AYC too, some don't though apparently.

The three little lights on the dash are to do with the AYC and it's great fun to see them light up in your peripheral vision as you drive the car ambitiously.

Another great factor is the rarity value, you just don't see 'em anywhere, which for me is a huge plus.

Let us know how your mate gets on.

Regards

DT

PS - There's one for sale at Ralliart UK in Dudley, check out http://www.ralliartuk.com/stock/detailU311.html

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rocketship performance yet big enough to carry a wardrobe performance car circa 1999 ref galant/legnum VR4 estate, wanted one ever since, also performance bargain,about £12k gets you an s reg import, nearest rival is audi rs4 at twice the price!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your responses - he is looking into it.
He has had some negative feedback from the FTO site which I urged him to treat lightly as the FTO is hardly in the same league. The FTO bunch seemed a little scared/wary about having such a rare beast. I remember when the FTO was rare....
The audi S2 has the balls but he doesn't like the looks, so we'll see?

Thanks again

Newts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts