Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had these fitted for about 3 weeks now and am pretty happy. The springs drop the car 40mm front, 20mm rear and close up the front wheelarch gap beautifully without the rear tyres disappearing into the arches.

The feel is not too different from the standard - a bit firmer overall, slightly more joggling over bumps etc but a bit less body roll round corners and the dampers still seem to be pretty well matched. They did a good job at Cadwell earleier this month (unlike me) but are fine for day to day use - have driven around London assualt course type streets and put in several hundred motorway miles with no lost fillings or chronic back problems.

Not a radical departure from standard but good vfm at less than £150 and looks the dog's whatsits. If you can't afford or justify a full set of springs and amp; shocks, IMHO this is a good mod to have.

Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Def,

Most insurance companies will up the premium for lowered springs. Mine (Admiral) were going to charge an extra £100 which was maybe a little steep but they then changed their policy and would not accept it as the combined front |PLS| rear drop was over 50mm. They are now binned and I'm with Norwich Union via Flux - more expensive but more flexible on mods and trackdays are covered!

Steve.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts