Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
some electric doors can be just pulled open so when u lock it with the key u have no benefit from it being electric ie- u still have to phsyically get out the car .buy a decent set up first time .

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
got a friend who fits garage doors for a living, just rung him now but he didn't reply. so i've left a message,when he gets back to me i will let you know what he said.

·
Registered
24,448 Posts
We paid over a grand about 5 years ago for our remote control roller shutter, best investment imo, brill coming in on a cold wet wintery night and push the button on the key fob :D
also a plus side if you go on hols you can switch it off from inside the house so it can't be opened :D :D Excel rollershutters did mine in Brown

·
Registered
8,458 Posts
my uncles got his own shutter door business and garage doors i may add hes been doing it now 20 odd years

the money these companys charge are astronomical ill tell you

theres really good money to be made in the supply and fitting of these leccy up and overs

he will no doubt do a few backhanders cough cough

not to sure if he travels miles away though ;)

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
don't buy it,my mate says he wouldn't go anyware near them. the only one he uses is a make called seip, i'll send you a pm with the details.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
when I bought my house which was on 12 months old it had a electric garage door made by henderson. The biggest pile of crap ever it hasn`t worked properly since August this year and they`ve only just said they`d replace it.

It`s the up and over type. Suppose when they do sort it, it`s very good. Only thing I`ve got a detached double garage and still have to go outside to go to the house.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts